Sport Hatchback Lower Lip Repair

What should I do?

• Go to a trusted body shop (IDK the price of this)

• Dealer Replacement ($230)

• Just leave it (I can't stand looking at it)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MyGuyGordon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
So I let 2 different people borrow my civic, and both somehow damaged the front right section of the lower lip. I hate looking at it and don't have any trusted body shops that I know of. The entire piece costs 450 to buy new and replace myself, and the dealer is charging 230 for the whole replacement. Why does this piece cost so much? No way should just the lower lip cost more than the front bumper smh
Sponsored

CWIIIFK7

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatchback 6MT
Country flag
So I let 2 different people borrow my civic, and both somehow damaged the front right section of the lower lip. I hate looking at it and don't have any trusted body shops that I know of. The entire piece costs 450 to buy new and replace myself, and the dealer is charging 230 for the whole replacement. Why does this piece cost so much? No way should just the lower lip cost more than the front bumper smh
I can speak for the labor the dealer is charging. Most dealers are set at 90-130/hr labor rate. Sounds like 2 hours labor they are charging you. I was in the same situation as you and just removed mine and replaced with the non-hatchback Sport unit with the integrated grille. To replace the lower spoiler, the front bumper has to be completely removed to give you access to the attachment points for the lower lip spoiler. It took me 3 hours to swap everything over. I can only assume the part is so expensive due to the fact that it is painted and possibly clear coated from the factory. Most bumpers come raw and unpainted. So you are paying for prep, primer, and paint/finishing with the final product the dealer sells to us. I still think it's slightly overpriced, but understanding the process helps realize the cost.

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Honestly your best bet is to go aftermarket or the oem Si HFP.
Several options exists that are full replacements. That sport lip is ridiculously priced.

OP
OP
MyGuyGordon

MyGuyGordon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can speak for the labor the dealer is charging. Most dealers are set at 90-130/hr labor rate. Sounds like 2 hours labor they are charging you. I was in the same situation as you and just removed mine and replaced with the non-hatchback Sport unit with the integrated grille. To replace the lower spoiler, the front bumper has to be completely removed to give you access to the attachment points for the lower lip spoiler. It took me 3 hours to swap everything over. I can only assume the part is so expensive due to the fact that it is painted and possibly clear coated from the factory. Most bumpers come raw and unpainted. So you are paying for prep, primer, and paint/finishing with the final product the dealer sells to us. I still think it's slightly overpriced, but understanding the process helps realize the cost.
Thanks man, appreciate the detailed response. Might just leave it be and suck it up, cost is a little too much for the small change in appearance for me.

OP
OP
MyGuyGordon

MyGuyGordon

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly your best bet is to go aftermarket or the oem Si HFP.
Several options exists that are full replacements. That sport lip is ridiculously priced.
Yea I agree, I like the OEM look of the sport lip though, I'm probably just going to let it be and suck it up.
Sponsored