Sport hatch owners, can you help me with a picture?

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Hatch Sport 6MT , 1995 240sx
Country flag
Hello fellow Sport Hatch owners. I am currently fighting with Geico to repair my car after a friends lawn guy backed into my front bumper.

Several of the clips for the front lip popped out during the incident, and it appears the front lip has become warped because of it. Geico refuses to replace the lip on the grounds that "its not damaged" and has "no visible damage."

The body shop manager can see the wave in the lip, as does the insurance adjuster. But the adjusters boss "cant see the damage" so he denies the part to be replaced.

What Im asking, is would anyone mind taking a picture of their front lip so I can show them clearly that its not supposed to look like mine does? I would greatly appreciate it. Here's a picture of mine to show what it looks like.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport  hatch owners, can you help me with a picture? 20170620_185109
Sponsored

Froz3nTundra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord Sport 2.0t 6MT
From that angle I honestly can't see anything wrong with it...

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I took a picture of my dirty sport hatch.
Thanks!

Its the wave in the reflection that I am talking about...you can kinda see it a little bit on midengine's car too, theres a bit of a wave in between each spot the clips sit. Mine just has much bigger waves I guess. I might just see if I can bend it back a bit myself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Its pretty obvious when you see it in person with the reflection moving around. This isnt the only issue...the bumper cover has already been repainted and the grill was replaced as well. It was about $1200 in damage and not on my insurance, so you can bet I'm gonna report it lol

Maybe its easier to see here. There is like a lump in it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sport  hatch owners, can you help me with a picture? 20170823_220616

hatch_dawg

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Its pretty obvious when you see it in person with the reflection moving around. This isnt the only issue...the bumper cover has already been repainted and the grill was replaced as well. It was about $1200 in damage and not on my insurance, so you can bet I'm gonna report it lol

Maybe its easier to see here. There is like a lump in it.

20170823_220616.jpg
I see the lump. I am going to have to check my car for lumps regularly now.

OP
OP
choo

choo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Say it isn't so doc! Do I have lip cancer??
Sponsored