drsone

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW CTR
Country flag
Instruction #11 what happens when you pull out the driveshaft? That's my only concern moving forward to do this myself.

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Instruction #11 what happens when you pull out the driveshaft? That's my only concern moving forward to do this myself.
It happened to me on my first install. There was a seal that got messed up and caused transmission fluid to leak. I got it fixed under warranty...crazy I know. This happened when I first installed prokit springs. After that I was careful and never let it happen again when I put in spoon, hks and then swift springs.

Edit: I used a bungee cord to hold the rotor assembly up afterward. It helped keep it from dropping down too much and sliding the drive shaft out

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
We've swapped the springs out a few times already so we just wanted to share the method that is quickest for us. Total time for the front is about 1 hour and rear is 10 minutes.

Front

1. Remove undertray (to access lower arm bolts connected to the subframe)
IMG_6053.JPG

2. Disconnect the swaybar end link side that attached to the strut on BOTH sides of the car by removing the nut. This prevents the suspension from binding when dropping the strut. Pull the link out of the strut.
IMG_6044.JPG

3. Disconnect damper electrical connector (pry the tab up in the gap).
IMG_6034.JPG

4. Remove the bracket holding the connector line and brake line.
IMG_6041.JPG

5. Disconnect ride height sensor bracket that connects to the lower arm.
IMG_6002-2.jpg

6. Disconnect the front suspension link. (behind plastic brake air guide)
IMG_6002.JPG

7. Remove the bolts that hold the front lower arm to the subframe. (3 bolts)
IMG_6029.JPG

8. Remove the two pinch bolts holding the bottom of the strut
IMG_5998.JPG

9. Remove the nuts on the top of the strut to the body.
IMG_5981.JPG

10. At this time you can pull off the locating tab in order to get some extra camber in the front.
IMG_5987.JPG

11. Pull the lower arm out of subframe and be careful not to pull the driveshaft out. At this time the whole assembly should be loose and provide enough clearance to wiggle the strut out. (Sorry no proper picture here)
IMG_6008.JPG

12. Use spring compressors to compress the spring and take the top nut off holding the hat.
IMG_5993.JPG

13. Cut off one section the bump stop.
IMG_5995.JPG

14. Transfer over the rubber bases and take note of how it slots onto the spring and bottom perch.
IMG_9913.JPG

15. Compress the spring and install it on the strut. Make sure all the rubber pieces are correctly positioned as they tend to shift during assembly.
IMG_9917.JPG

16. Reinstall onto the car in reverse order.
IMG_9929.JPG

Rear

1. Remove the bolt holding the swaybar link to the lower arm.
IMG_6061.JPG

2. Remove the bolt holding the lower arm to the knuckle.
IMG_6068.JPG

3. Pull the lower arm down and the spring should fall out.
IMG_6067.JPG

4. Transfer over the rubber perches and take make sure the tabs are aligned when reinstalling.
IMG_9932.JPG

5. Put a floor jack under the lower arm and raise it until the bolt holes line up.
IMG_6067 (2).JPG

6. Reinstall the two bolts.
IMG_6068 (2).JPG
Do you need to remove the rear damper assembly and cut the bump stock as well?

san44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Evasive has Spoon Springs in stock, I bought them today and it’ll arrive tomorrow! Just FYI for anyone looking for them, they may have a few left.

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Evasive has Spoon Springs in stock, I bought them today and it’ll arrive tomorrow! Just FYI for anyone looking for them, they may have a few left.
Really I have been waiting for a month now I'll be getting mine in July. Must have got lucky.

san44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Really I have been waiting for a month now I'll be getting mine in July. Must have got lucky.
I contacted them today about a few item’s availability before ordering. They said they had the springs, and I got a tracking number today!

Ismael Lafluer

Project Harukonokaze R-00691
First Name
Ismael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2016 Honda Accord sport, 2007 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Do you need to remove the rear damper assembly and cut the bump stock as well?
lol first time I've seen this question asked. I had swift and thought they were a bit bouncy

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shoot..... 580 is a hard price to swallow when all the other springs are 250-350.....

I wasn't gonna lower unless I was on Spoon springs.... I need to wait for these to go on sale (if they ever do)

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Shoot..... 580 is a hard price to swallow when all the other springs are 250-350.....

I wasn't gonna lower unless I was on Spoon springs.... I need to wait for these to go on sale (if they ever do)
springs are one of the most basic car parts. Why spend double on spoon just to have JDM cred? They likely don’t even make their springs just like most of the products they’re rebranded items from other companies.

Caestus

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
springs are one of the most basic car parts. Why spend double on spoon just to have JDM cred? They likely don’t even make their springs just like most of the products they’re rebranded items from other companies.

I hear you, however, I have done a fair bit of research and the spoon springs seem to be the closest to OEM ride quality and the least aggressive drop.