Spoon Springs Install DIY

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
So when i was doing my springs my drive shaft fell out.... is there a clip i have to replace now or i can just put it back in and itll snap back into place?

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So when i was doing my springs my drive shaft fell out.... is there a clip i have to replace now or i can just put it back in and itll snap back into place?
I had this happen to me and was able to slide it back in....just make sure you didn't snap anything if it came far out...you'll know something is wrong if you see transmission fluid on your drive way, or running under your car all the way to the back of your bumper, lol

tailsctr916

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CBP CTR
Country flag
I had this happen to me and was able to slide it back in....just make sure you didn't snap anything if it came far out...you'll know something is wrong if you see transmission fluid on your drive way, or running under your car all the way to the back of your bumper, lol
Lmao thank god. I was little scared that i messed something up but i have no transmission leaking so i think im good. Thanks for the quick reply finishing up everything after work today cant wait to start driving it.

PrisonerOfDoom

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R #3166, '04 IS300, '01 Tacoma
Country flag
I ended up putting some on in the rear. I dont think it needed them but figured what the heck may as well
Thanks for the reply. I’ll go ahead and order some for both the front and back. Did you use the same size silencers front and rear?

raytrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sonic Grey Pearl CTR
Country flag
No they were the next size down from those. Cant remember the exact size
I used the Spoon silencers and they didn't do crap to silence. It still hear the coil slap. I'm going to put Tein ones now that they are more robust. Did you buy 2 sets for the rear? Or just 1 set which you only applied 1 per coil. Do you by any chance have a pic of the rear coil so we can reference where you placed your silencers.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used the Spoon silencers and they didn't do crap to silence. It still hear the coil slap. I'm going to put Tein ones now that they are more robust. Did you buy 2 sets for the rear? Or just 1 set which you only applied 1 per coil. Do you by any chance have a pic of the rear coil so we can reference where you placed your silencers.
are you hearing it in the rear or front? I had only heard it in the front, but still ended up putting some on the rear just in case. I put three on the front, lol...I had extras so figured why not. I'll try to get a pic tonight of it all for you

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here you go. Car wasnt jacked up in these pics. Surprised I was able to get a pic of the front lol

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Springs Install DIY 20190627_174857

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Springs Install DIY 20190627_174935

silkyjohnson

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Would I need an alignment after installing springs? Not one mention of this and was curious.

alexdale86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic type R
Country flag
Can anyone please help me with this. The drive shaft popped out and i'm having hell trying to pop it back in.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can anyone please help me with this. The drive shaft popped out and i'm having hell trying to pop it back in.
Which side? On either side it can be a pain when it pops out usually because now the weight is causing that down force and not going in completely straight.

Try using a jack under that castle but gently bring it level while pushing back in.

If it's the driver side...it happened to me once and some seal/spring came out and I lost tranny fluid :( it was a sucky day...but got it replaced under warranty :D

alexdale86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 honda civic type R
Country flag
Which side? On either side it can be a pain when it pops out usually because now the weight is causing that down force and not going in completely straight.

Try using a jack under that castle but gently bring it level while pushing back in.

If it's the driver side...it happened to me once and some seal/spring came out and I lost tranny fluid :( it was a sucky day...but got it replaced under warranty :D

It was the passenger front. I finally got it in thankfully. I'm taking it to the dealer so they can do the rest lol
Sponsored