vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
So I bought the Spoon Wide Angle Mirrors which are basically 3M’d onto the old mirror which I thought was super ghetto rigged especially for $100 and they even stick out further then. So this is what I did, not sure if it really makes any sense to do it this way but I feel as though it is less cheap feeling than the actual method. Plus you don’t have the issue of putting it on all crooked and breaking it trying to uninstall like we’ve all seen.

So first I used a plastic remover tool covered in a cloth to not scratch either surface and popped out both mirrors:
Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports Wide Mirror Install D1AE7F14-BFCB-4AEC-8779-2246476E0C7F

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports Wide Mirror Install E5C78E54-5A8F-4E2F-A5FD-8A60195A1E82

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports Wide Mirror Install 4F68E27F-427A-4EB7-A8FD-C2F1FCC9BB41

Now with both removed make sure the little Nippley guys are poking out like shown in the above picture, if they’re not the motor slips on the little prongs that go into the holes.

Next I removed the old glass from the backing, I recommend using floss or something you can go inbetween both materials without bending the plastic or cracking the glass. Then put all the 3M pieces on the Spoon Mirror. Line it up and stick it on. With this method you have a few attempts to perfectly line it up so take your time
Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports Wide Mirror Install FEAD45C1-1EBF-468E-BB5B-7ABE41CEF4CF

For the end result it should look like this when you put it back together:
Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports Wide Mirror Install 521881FF-2077-4A19-B347-7D3AF951DF19

Definitely a few more steps however this way I can restore the old mirror when I like without worrying about breaking the Spoon one or scratching the OEM. This method is not the way Spoon recommends it obviously however I figured I would at least show how I did it.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you have any trouble with the Driver's side mirror? I put mine on yesterday, and the left one was so convex that the 3M tape wouldn't reach the other mirror. I am currently waiting for more tape to build up the back (kinda like the rear-view mirror sticky pad is in the center).

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Did you have any trouble with the Driver's side mirror? I put mine on yesterday, and the left one was so convex that the 3M tape wouldn't reach the other mirror. I am currently waiting for more tape to build up the back (kinda like the rear-view mirror sticky pad is in the center).
weird, the only trouble I had was fitting it in the little rubber holes. I never had trouble with it taping to the plastic piece.

MatTical

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2022 Passport Trailsport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well, I got my tape today, so I'm gonna see how much I need to build up the other side. I don't know if the driver's side (left) mirror is more convex because in Japan its it's the passenger side and being convex would give you a wider view angle, thus helping with the blind spot, or just manufacture error. Considering the 3 mirror set cost me $220, I'm going with the former, lol.

OP
OP
vSneaKv

vSneaKv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Well, I got my tape today, so I'm gonna see how much I need to build up the other side. I don't know if the driver's side (left) mirror is more convex because in Japan its it's the passenger side and being convex would give you a wider view angle, thus helping with the blind spot, or just manufacture error. Considering the 3 mirror set cost me $220, I'm going with the former, lol.
That might be the case because I used pretty thick 3M tape to mimic the oem mirror glue stuff as well as the extra thickness of the oem glass. Then again I snapped the rearview in half cause it was so convex so maybe it's the same.
Sponsored