First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably true but I've only ever heard anything funny that one time. Fortunately, the roads are pretty nice where I live - so I guess your mileage may vary.
yeah, I miss Florida roads...here in Maryland (I'm in between Baltimore and DC)...the roads are crap. I retired from the Air Force and have been here for a while, maybe one day we'll move back to Florida :D
Sponsored

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
I imagine R+ feels better since it stiffens up the dampers, making them a closer match to the increased spring rates. One of the things that's caused me to hold back on 19" is the idea of 265/30 since it doesn't give much more cushion than the OEM setup...Does 255/35 just feel a little floaty for you?
It's a little more floaty compared to OEM but nothing terrible. Considering I only paid ~$500 for the set of Falkens, I figure it was worth the tradeoff since I also really like the look. I really only daily my car right now, so I prioritized the sidewall protection.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
It's a little more floaty compared to OEM but nothing terrible. Considering I only paid ~$500 for the set of Falkens, I figure it was worth the tradeoff since I also really like the look. I really only daily my car right now, so I prioritized the sidewall protection.
Yeah, my car is basically 98% daily duty as well so a little more comfort and protection is what I'm looking for. Planning on 18" with a 265/35, but the new Titans are tempting as well.

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Yeah, my car is basically 98% daily duty as well so a little more comfort and protection is what I'm looking for. Planning on 18" with a 265/35, but the new Titans are tempting as well.
Yeah I was originally going with that setup but I was offered the 19in Titan7s at a heavy discount and couldn't pass that up. Thought I'd get as close to Spoon USA's street setup as possible.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Yeah I was originally going with that setup but I was offered the 19in Titan7s at a heavy discount and couldn't pass that up. Thought I'd get as close to Spoon USA's street setup as possible.
I love the setup you have, looks amazing. I wish that wheel color looked better on CW, but something about the white with all of the black makes silver shaded wheels look odd on CW imo. For whatever reason I'm not a huge fan of that wheel in the machine black either.

Kamui

R-20019
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Championship White R-20019
Country flag
I love the setup you have, looks amazing. I wish that wheel color looked better on CW, but something about the white with all of the black makes silver shaded wheels look odd on CW imo. For whatever reason I'm not a huge fan of that wheel in the machine black either.
You could go with Bronze color from USR exclusive or powder coat them whatever color you want.

Noize

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2017 GTI SE DSG
Country flag
yeah, I miss Florida roads...here in Maryland (I'm in between Baltimore and DC)...the roads are crap. I retired from the Air Force and have been here for a while, maybe one day we'll move back to Florida :D

Have you installed the Spoon springs yet, or weather prohibiting that?

I’m interested to hear if they improved on the harshness of your old Eibachs.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you installed the Spoon springs yet, or weather prohibiting that?

I’m interested to hear if they improved on the harshness of your old Eibachs.
Weather has been rough. But soon that wont matter. We just bought signed for a new house lol...and of course with a garage. So it'll be soon!

Honda Civic 10th gen Spoon Sports - Progressive Springs for FK8 Screenshot_20190224-102708_Redfin

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone with spoon springs notice if the rear driver side like half inch lower than the other side?

I just noticed this lately. I switched out my stock wheels for some Advans and after a few weeks, I keep checking...the driver side rear is noticeably lower.

Maybe I only noticed it since I was checking the fender clearance with my setup. I can slide my finger (lol, sounds strange) between the tire and the fender on the passenger...but not the driver side...no way I can my finger in there (lol, omg)

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Weather has been rough. But soon that wont matter. We just bought signed for a new house lol...and of course with a garage. So it'll be soon!

Screenshot_20190224-102708_Redfin.jpg
that is at least $1.5M in the SF Bay Area...you guys are so lucky in the MD area...Of course, I'm assuming you didn't pay $1.5M for that beautiful pad! :)

EDIT: Congrats!!!

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

Screenshot_20190224-102708_Redfin.jpg
o damn i just saw this. That is a nice looking home. It would cost fortunes down here in Los Angeles lol. looks so peaceful too.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that is at least $1.5M in the SF Bay Area...you guys are so lucky in the MD area...Of course, I'm assuming you didn't pay $1.5M for that beautiful pad! :)

EDIT: Congrats!!!
o damn i just saw this. That is a nice looking home. It would cost fortunes down here in Los Angeles lol. looks so peaceful too.
lol, it sucks guys, but we got beat out by another offer on it...so we didn't get it. So back to the drawing board for us. But that's okay, my house payment would have been twice what it is right now...so I get to save money till then.

Honestly we want to move back to Florida...here, it can be expensive also, but not nearly as bad as LA, lol. It was 585k for that house we looked at...now my wife is eyeing 600-650k houses lol...number just keeps going up
Sponsored