OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Only have one. In addition to the Spoon spring, the front pins are removed and I have Eibach adj rear control arms. Wheels are CE28Ns (18x9.5 +42) w/Conti EC DWS06 255/40.

kQCBMVWl.jpg

UOsdE8il.jpg
Nice! I have these wheels on order and was hoping to run 265/35/18 all around. Did you need to buy the Eibach rear control arms to avoid rubbing? Does it rub as you have it today? Thanks.
Sponsored

RStoR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 SI Sedan & '18 RR #18407
Country flag
Did you need to buy the Eibach rear control arms to avoid rubbing? Does it rub as you have it today?
I purchased the control arms just to ensure I could adjust camber as desired.

Got the car out this weekend and I am getting rub at -1.5 deg camber in the rear. Took a few measurements and looks like I'll clear at -2.0+

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm thinking of switching to these. Has anyone left prokits to these? If so, how different was it?

Tired of the front feel of the prokit.

I'm also wondering if I'll rub on these spoon springs. I don't with prokit...running 265/35 tires on Titan7 TR10 with 45 offset.

Edit: I checked out the drop rate, not much different, but the design looks better...went ahead and ordered, hopefully these ride better than prokit

Last edited:

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
I'm thinking of switching to these. Has anyone left prokits to these? If so, how different was it?

I'm also wondering if I'll rub on these spoon springs. I don't with prokit...running 265/35 tires on Titan7 TR10 with 45 offset.

Edit: I checked out the drop rate, not much different, but the design looks better...went ahead and ordered, hopefully these ride better than prokit
Curious to see how different it feels for you, but yeah I don't see any reason you'd rub with these springs.

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag

Yes, please report back and before and after pics please (I want to see if front sits level on Spoon). Thanks.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

maaaaark

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 type R
Country flag

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
Any clunking sound on dips and humps?
I've only heard a weird noise once but I hit an especially hard dip that would've scared me even with the OEM setup. All was good in the end. My buddy who installed them didn't cut the bump stops though. Figured I should try it out first without them cut since I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to stock or not. I haven't really had any concerns with ride or anything so far and have been pretty happy with them. Like I've mentioned before, the suspension seems to feel best in +R mode, which is interesting to me.

If anything were to be improved with my setup, I'd prob go 265/30 like the Spoon USA car instead of 255/35 next time.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only heard a weird noise once but I hit an especially hard dip that would've scared me even with the OEM setup. All was good in the end. My buddy who installed them didn't cut the bump stops though. Figured I should try it out first without them cut since I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back to stock or not. I haven't really had any concerns with ride or anything so far and have been pretty happy with them. Like I've mentioned before, the suspension seems to feel best in +R mode, which is interesting to me.

If anything were to be improved with my setup, I'd prob go 265/30 like the Spoon USA car instead of 255/35 next time.
ah dang, you may be hitting those bump stops on certain bumps in the road.

r712

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (FK8) | 2017 Fit (GK5)
Country flag
ah dang, you may be hitting those bump stops on certain bumps in the road.
Probably true but I've only ever heard anything funny that one time. Fortunately, the roads are pretty nice where I live - so I guess your mileage may vary.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag

I imagine R+ feels better since it stiffens up the dampers, making them a closer match to the increased spring rates. One of the things that's caused me to hold back on 19" is the idea of 265/30 since it doesn't give much more cushion than the OEM setup...Does 255/35 just feel a little floaty for you?
Sponsored