Spoon Sports - Progressive Springs for FK8

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Anyone buying these? http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?products_id=1997

I wonder if these are a bit more engineered than the other springs out there. I would think if Spoon put their name on it, they should be performance oriented (and not just show) but I could be wrong.

Says 20mm drop front and rear (a little less than an inch).

They are pricey (2x competitors' pricing)
Sponsored

hafadaze

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R (#1106)
Country flag
Waiting for reviews also. Heard they would start shipping end of this month.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm interested in the springs but not at that price point. I'll have to think about it a while...

NinjamanCTR

Space Force Special Forces
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2018 Ford Expedition Limited, 1998 Ford Contour aka the beater.
There's no discernible difference between Eibach, Spoon, or even Swift springs. Save yourself some coin and opt for the Eibachs. At least you get a 1,000,000 mile warranty with their stuff. :)

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I know...so hard to resist "JDM" :crazy: But I'm sticking with my Eibach for now :)
Any rubbing with Eibachs (using stock wheels + tires)? Also, has it affected performance at all (handling, torque steer, etc.)

When I lowered my '18 SI on Eibachs, I felt like it lost a little bit of "rake" because the rear was now even with the front. It could be all in my head, but I felt like it affected traction when flooring it from a stop.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Any rubbing with Eibachs (using stock wheels + tires)? Also, has it affected performance at all (handling, torque steer, etc.)

When I lowered my '18 SI on Eibachs, I felt like it lost a little bit of "rake" because the rear was now even with the front. It could be all in my head, but I felt like it affected traction when flooring it from a stop.
no rubbing and I'm running 18x9.5 et36 , 255/35/18...no noticeable torque steer.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
the specs seem to be the same as Eibachs(5.2 kgf vs 5.0 kgf and Eibachs are half the price. Maybe lower if you can find used. Unless you have money to waste and say you got Spoon springs, IMHO, not worth the cost. I would go w/ Swifts. I tend to pick the highest spring rate a shock can handle. Swift's performance has been proven over and over and I've already seen many FK8 owners vouch for them and very happy w/ them on our stock shocks. I guess time will tell of any short comings, but haven't heard anything, yet.
Lastly, I'm also interested to hear any feedback on the Spoons. I always love reading product feedback. :thumbsup:

maaaaark

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8 type R
Country flag
my spoon guy actually says its not 20mm but probalbly more . more info will be released in 2 weeks time

Last edited:

spoonsportsusa

Spoon.Official
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.spoonusa.com
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Civic Type R, FD2 Civic Type R, GK5 Fit RS, S2000
Country flag
Not sure who your guy is but we haven’t provided that information to anyone. We have production springs on our test car and have verified the specs. They might lower slightly more than 20mm, 2-3mm but definitely no where near 30mm.