Spoon Sports - Front & Rear Brake Pads

JumpmanReese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 and EM1
Country flag
how do you like the spoon pads? i am still waiting on the fronts to get back in stock.

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
ill leave a review here since i recently got a front set & rear set on my 21' sgp fk8, which is Daily Driven.

Pros - good bite, very responsive, does its job. No complaints in the performance aspect of it. & also looks "cool":cool:

Cons - squeaky on light taps like coming to a stop at traffic stops, which has forced me to engine break more now & the front pad leaves a slight mark on the center of the front rotor.

auglm1

First Name
auglm1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
does it bite like a on/off switch or allows good modulation ? been looking around for brake pads

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
does it bite like a on/off switch or allows good modulation ? been looking around for brake pads
no, its a firm bite. Its just that these are metallic brakes, so there will be noise from the front brembo. Remember high performance brakes make noise on low pressure taps. after this set I'm going with Akebono brakes, my local owners tell me these are great ceramic pads with no noise. look into the Akebono set instead of my spoon set.

K20Chargd

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
ill leave a review here since i recently got a front set & rear set on my 21' sgp fk8, which is Daily Driven.

Pros - good bite, very responsive, does its job. No complaints in the performance aspect of it. & also looks "cool":cool:

Cons - squeaky on light taps like coming to a stop at traffic stops, which has forced me to engine break more now & the front pad leaves a slight mark on the center of the front rotor.
How bad is the low speed squeal? Give me a rating out of 10 please 👍🏻
I really want these pads but not if they’re really noisy, don’t mind slight squeal

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
How bad is the low speed squeal? Give me a rating out of 10 please 👍🏻
I really want these pads but not if they’re really noisy, don’t mind slight squeal
bro don't get them, they eat your rotors & are super squeaky. I'm running hawk 5.0 now

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
yes no problem my friend, I got them at 1st to match my wheels, they look nice but they are really aggressive & you will be annoyed by the noise trust me

Zuyu

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic RS Hatchback
Country flag
Have had mine for over 1,000KMs on the FK7 now.

Pros -
* Good match for the increased power by a tune. Solves a lot of issues of overshooting red lights.

* Looks cool but leaves more to be desired with stock fk7 callipers.

* Strong bite and good for those instances where stock pads will make you miss the red light line.

* Keen to try on track

Cons -
* Super loud squeak sounds, makes a sound on light braking, hard braking, tap brakes but is whipper quiet when car is under acceleration and when car is parked 😂

* Sounds like a heavy rubbish truck or a semi trailer in terms of what the squeak sounds like.

* "Man wtf your car is so annoying"

* "Sounds like you need new brake pads"

* "F*ck that's annoying"

tde1205

First Name
Tulio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 TypeR
Country flag
Have had mine for over 1,000KMs on the FK7 now.

Pros -
* Good match for the increased power by a tune. Solves a lot of issues of overshooting red lights.

* Looks cool but leaves more to be desired with stock fk7 callipers.

* Strong bite and good for those instances where stock pads will make you miss the red light line.

* Keen to try on track

Cons -
* Super loud squeak sounds, makes a sound on light braking, hard braking, tap brakes but is whipper quiet when car is under acceleration and when car is parked 😂

* Sounds like a heavy rubbish truck or a semi trailer in terms of what the squeak sounds like.

* "Man wtf your car is so annoying"

* "Sounds like you need new brake pads"

* "F*ck that's annoying"
yeah these are only good for 1-2 track days, forget about daily driving.
Sponsored