The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
just fiy certain states you will fail inspection with the driver side mirror if its wide view. it has to be true size to pass. im not sure if its a problem today but back in the day on my old civic i had to swap to the oem mirror for inspections. but my state only does emissions now.

"Concave or convex mirrors shall not be used in place of the interior mirror or the driver’s side exterior mirror"
Sponsored

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2016 Honda Pilot Touring
Country flag
^same here, I installed the suma mirrors last week, wish someone had told me the oem ones were being held by 2 plastic screws lol, still have to get used to them.
Those screws doesn't hold the mirrors, it's the adhesive. The screws are for adjustments. I got used to it after a week of driving. I can confidently say that i don't need to look behind my shoulder anymore when switching lane to the left ;)

OP
OP

solidconceptgroup

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, Accord V6
Country flag
******UPDATE*******UPDATE******UPDATE*******UPDATE******UPDATE*******UPDATE******
I tried everything! Heat gun with fishing line, different lb. test as well and nothing worked, ultimately the mirror ended up breaking :( right in half! I started to peel back the adhesive slowly with the heat gun and just like that "SNAP!!" :bonk:I was sooo p.o.'d I used the fishing line to remove the rest and used goo gone to remove the glue, and re-ordered another set!!!

I recorded the install, and I will be posting on my youtube account "CTR27322" if you wanna watch should be up this week FYI. Thanks for all the info, but you win some and you lose some!!

I might do a give away of the diver side once the set comes in, I know its just one side but hopefully someone will enjoy it.

Cheers :spaz:

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As the 1st to reply to this thread and after your updated, ill gladly take the driver side mirror ;)

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
******UPDATE*******UPDATE******UPDATE*******UPDATE******UPDATE*******UPDATE******
I tried everything! Heat gun with fishing line, different lb. test as well and nothing worked, ultimately the mirror ended up breaking :( right in half! I started to peel back the adhesive slowly with the heat gun and just like that "SNAP!!" :bonk:I was sooo p.o.'d I used the fishing line to remove the rest and used goo gone to remove the glue, and re-ordered another set!!!

I recorded the install, and I will be posting on my youtube account "CTR27322" if you wanna watch should be up this week FYI. Thanks for all the info, but you win some and you lose some!!

I might do a give away of the diver side once the set comes in, I know its just one side but hopefully someone will enjoy it.

Cheers :spaz:
I broke my drivers side as well, next time I'll just remove the whole mirror install and place back on lol lesson learned BUT it's nice to know I wasnt the only fuck up either haha

ajsummers469

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
As the 1st to reply to this thread and after your updated, ill gladly take the driver side mirror ;)
I'll have a passenger side one avail if it dont break when i remove it, I too broke my driver side tryin to readjust

NikkoPH

First Name
Nikko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Woah, then i have the whole set! Lol

Thomaskellygray

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
Country flag
you will fail inspection with the driving force aspect mirror if its extensive view. It has to be real size to bypass. I am now not positive if its a problem these days but lower back within the day on my vintage civic i needed to change to the reflect for inspections. But my kingdom only does emissions now. Concave or convex mirrors shall now not be used in location of the interior replicate or the motive force’s facet exterior mirror
Read more
Sponsored