.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Just installed front and rears on my car, took about 3 hours total as I was being careful plus I did it with 4 jacks and not a lift so that was a PIA.... but not that difficult at all.
Oh really? That doesn't sound too bad I was expecting a nightmare install. What are your impressions after install or not enough seat time yet?
Sponsored

Marc_Seegs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type-R #12951
Country flag
Oh really? That doesn't sound too bad I was expecting a nightmare install. What are your impressions after install or not enough seat time yet?
Not enough seat time I would say, drove it to get an alignment (steering was slightly off after install which was expected). Will be going for a drive around town now to really feel the difference.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I was heavily considering these spoon collars... Until I started thinking about it some more about them. Users have said it makes he car smoother over bumps, more composed, more refined... So it makes the CTR more German like.

I dunno how I feel about that. If I wanted a German car, I'd have gone for some sort of BMW M car or Audi S car, or Golf R.

What killed the Golf R for me was it was too compliant. Too grown up feeling. Too smooth and not aggressive enough. Not enough of that Japanese goodness and rawness I've been used to for almost two decades.

I think I'll keep that car as-is

OP
OP
.grimace

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I posted in the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit Thread, about my short term experience with spoon rigid collars. I also had the spoon stiff plate, cusco front and rear sub frame braces, and anti lift kit installed at the same time.

I just installed these and they are a nice addition to the car. I haven't had the chance to really "test" them yet, but to this point, like @.grimace stated, I would not expect a massive difference, and if wheel hop is what you are worried about, upgrading the rear transmission torque mount is your best bet.

That being said, maybe you would feel more of a difference if you are still on the stock transmission mount. Either way, I would def do them again, car does feel really solid on turn in and from what i can tell there is no added NVH, but again I have a Hasport torque mount, and that already added NVH.

Not the right thread, but I also installed the spoon rigid collars and in my eyes they are an absolute must. It is amazing how much less the imperfections in the road transmit to the body of the car. You just feel the suspension absorbing everything, like it should. It also helped me get my alignment perfect. Prior to the rigid collars, the I was at 2.7 degrees of negative camber on the driver side front, and 1.7 degrees of negative camber on the passenger side. Now both sides are exactly 1.7. I would recommend them to everyone and I will be installing them on my S2000 for sure.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I posted in the Whiteline Anti Lift Kit Thread, about my short term experience with spoon rigid collars. I also had the spoon stiff plate, cusco front and rear sub frame braces, and anti lift kit installed at the same time.
Did you install front and rear and how was the install of you did it yourself? The potential installation complications are the only thing that gives me pause.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
So... I had full intention of installing them myself, as they seem pretty straight forward and you are only dropping the sub frames like 3/4 of an inch.. but after i purchased them, I had a transmission whine pop up in second gear, that ultimately lead to me having my transmission replaced under warranty. So because they have to drop the subframe to get the transmission out.. it made sense to have the dealership install them for me.

But if you are mechanically inclined, I think you should be fine. That being said i do have quick jacks, not sure i would want to do the job on jack stands

Hondanickx

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 civic hatch , 2018 civic sedan 1.5T
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had the replica "stiff ring " on my old 98 hatch and those worked great .I was also thinking about installing them into the 10th gen.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had these installed last week. There is an immediate difference, feels a little more sharper. When you drop the subframe bolts you'll notice that there is a little play but once you install the rigid collars that play is eliminated. I think its an awesome upgrade to your chassis/suspension but I think it would be more valuable in conjunction with other modifications. I have the cusco front and rear subframe braces arriving later today and the White Line anti lift kit coming this week. I plan on doing the Spoon Sport plate too.

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I do have a request for anyone who buys the Spoon Sport Rigid Collars. I threw the box out with the instructions but I’d like to have a digital copy but can’t find it anywhere. Can someone post up a pic or scan it and post?

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
I do have a request for anyone who buys the Spoon Sport Rigid Collars. I threw the box out with the instructions but I’d like to have a digital copy but can’t find it anywhere. Can someone post up a pic or scan it and post?
I will am pretty sure i still have the instructions. I will check when i get home tonight and attach them if I do. Honda pro Jason has a youtube video that shows the install that is pretty helpful as well.
Sponsored