Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
While I was looking forward to see what Spoon had to offer, the price is ridiculous especially when you consider they use the mhi drop in turbo and its gains appear to be less. For the price of their turbo you can get the full prl big turbo kit with a gtx2860r gen 2 or even a gtx2867r gen 2 for close to the same price and that kit comes with an inlet pipe, new downpipe and all necessary hardware and fittings. As it stands the 27won drop in is by far the better option right now. Its cheaper than the mhi turbo and offers a better power band as well as higher peak gains.
Sponsored

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
While I was looking forward to see what Spoon had to offer, the price is ridiculous especially when you consider they use the mhi drop in turbo and its gains appear to be less. For the price of their turbo you can get the full prl big turbo kit with a gtx2860r gen 2 or even a gtx2867r gen 2 for close to the same price and that kit comes with an inlet pipe, new downpipe and all necessary hardware and fittings. As it stands the 27won drop in is by far the better option right now. Its cheaper than the mhi turbo and offers a better power band as well as higher peak gains.
For a Spoon fanatic, they don’t mind the price and the small gain that it has. ?

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But how is it different than the MHI TD03 drop in? Is it indeed only a tag?

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
For a Spoon fanatic, they don’t mind the price and the small gain that it has. ?
Don't get me wrong I love spoon products too and would spend the money on some of them(like their 6 pot bbk) but when they literally have next to nothing different from the mhi drop in they use for their product it seems excessive to ask an additional $1300.

Jay_Tech

First Name
Jarrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
But how is it different than the MHI TD03 drop in? Is it indeed only a tag?
Looking at the specs it really doesn't seem to be any different. Unless the specs spoon posted are incorrect.

Anger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7,RW2,RD1,RD5,RE5,RU1,FK1,FN2,EP3
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you don't have to use 10w-40 when you buy from Spoon?
That would make no sense. In fact, I expect SPOON to verify that 10w-40 is recommended

lunabar825

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic hatch sport
Country flag
But someone really should verify this. It would pretty much flat out confirm it is no different than the MHI turbo internally. On the other hand if you can run 0w 20 with spoons turbo I'm curious what they did differently internally...
Sponsored