Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan

Tip14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si (Sedan) White Orchid Pearl
Country flag
Just had a question, and seeking some information. Im looking to remove the rear spoiler on my 2018 sedan, and I was wondering if any other members have done this before, and know whats all involved. Also Im looking for pictures of the Si sedans without the stock spoiler.

As a side note I was able to locate some grommets to fill the holes on the trunk via amazon. Some of them even come in white so that might be an option to make the trunk look clean without the spoiler.
Sponsored

bahndrvr

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si White Orchid Pearl, 1983 Foxbody 4 eye Notchback
Country flag
Just had a question, and seeking some information. Im looking to remove the rear spoiler on my 2018 sedan, and I was wondering if any other members have done this before, and know whats all involved. Also Im looking for pictures of the Si sedans without the stock spoiler.

As a side note I was able to locate some grommets to fill the holes on the trunk via amazon. Some of them even come in white so that might be an option to make the trunk look clean without the spoiler.
There are 8 holes you have ot fill, I am going to sell my rear spoiler and put the coupe style rear light on that is made for this and covers the holes, then I will be getting the coupe style aftermarket duckbill spoiler to go on top of the light I have seen around to try it out. I will say after lowering my car I tend to like the stock sedan spoiler a bit more. My money has been on going faster and cornering. Next is rims and tires, then will focus on the spoiler situation. I'm in the same boat and did offer up my trunk lid for a swap with no bites in Florida and not interested in shipping etc.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are 8 holes you have ot fill, I am going to sell my rear spoiler and put the coupe style rear light on that is made for this and covers the holes, then I will be getting the coupe style aftermarket duckbill spoiler to go on top of the light I have seen around to try it out. I will say after lowering my car I tend to like the stock sedan spoiler a bit more. My money has been on going faster and cornering. Next is rims and tires, then will focus on the spoiler situation. I'm in the same boat and did offer up my trunk lid for a swap with no bites in Florida and not interested in shipping etc.
Keep us updated on this spoiler/lightbar swap, I'm interested in doing the same...thanks!

OP
OP

Tip14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I did take the time today to remove the spoiler to see what it would look like without it. I also took some pictures of the holes, and areas that would need to be plugged in case anyone wants to know before hand. I will upload the pictures later when I get a chance.

OP
OP

Tip14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As promised here are some pictures for anyone wanting to know what to expect once you remove the spoiler.

To get the spoiler removed you have to open the trunk, (Duh) and remove the liner that is on the back side. There are a total of 8 push cap pins holding the liner cover on. Just use a flat head screw driver to pop them off. Once those are off you will see two very noticeable holes on the left , and right which give access to two bolts. The bolts you need to remove are 10mm, and are silver in color. Remove both and make sure not to drop them in the trunk lid (Not saying I did, but they are a pain to get back out;).) With the two bolts removed now comes the fun part. The spoiler is held in by what I would guess are push pins? Im not sure what they are called, but they are in there pretty tight. What I did was I went to either far corner of the spoiler, and placed a flat head screw driver on the very edge, and gently pried. You could use a plastic spudger or something else, but whatever you do make sure it won't scratch the paint. I wrapped mine in a rag. With enough force one side will pop loose from the trunk giving you something to work with. With one side loose move along the spoiler pulling upward. Don't pull the free edge straight up or you will break the pins. You need to pull up from the center lifting straight like you would a bar bell to your chest. With enough force the spoiler will come loose. Flip it upside down, and then prepare to remove the third brake light. Be careful not to pull too hard as the spoiler is still attached via the wire to the brake light. Remove the two Phillips head screws pictured below to gently remove the red cover of the third brake light. Once removed simply unhook the brake light, and the spoiler will then be free to be removed from the car.

Now thats as far as I went as I did not have the white rubber caps yet that I found on Amazon so i just reattached the spoiler until they arrive. The only thing now that needs to be figured out is how to remove the clip that plugs into the third brake light. I'm assuming that you could probably remove the clip, or last resort cut it (which I wouldn't recommend). Anyone who has an idea on that let me know. Anyway I think the car looks good without the spoiler, and it looks good with it. Its all about preference. Hopefully this helps anyone who wants to know how to remove the spoiler good luck!!!

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_20180813_142852

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan IMG_20180813_142907

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan MVIMG_20180813_143455

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan MVIMG_20180813_143503

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan MVIMG_20180813_143511

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey man, really appreciate it!
Wondering if that giant aftermarket tail light will cover all those holes? Can anyone confirm?

Dying2Live

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LX Sedan Manual
Country flag
used a tape measurer in mm. looks like it will cover up the holes, i measured from top of light to end of trunk. photo 1 is from left hand corner, 3rd photo is from trunk lid center

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan A124E3B3-81A1-48ED-A8A8-B3CAB95A85B2

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan 574BDDE4-EE1D-478E-8CCD-05777C91599A

Honda Civic 10th gen Spolier Delete Civic Si Sedan 471D5E19-AD70-445F-9A3C-BAF449B89651

OP
OP

Tip14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wait.... the Si sedan spoiler is held down by 2 bolts only?
Well there is one bolt for the left, and one for the right. In between are seven push pins that hold the spoiler in place. They are a very tight fit though. It doesn't come off very easily.
Sponsored