Splashguards

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Just received my splash guards in today.. will be installing them this weekend.
Thanks for the instructions Captain !:thumbsup:
Pics when you're done! :)
Sponsored

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright thanks for the info. Didn't know i was going off prior experiences. Maybe i should just leave the forum since i don't own one yet. My input probably doesnt mean anything.
Hi Manny, appreciate you participation. Looking at your 'thanked' percentage I'd say others do to.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Manny, appreciate you participation. Looking at your 'thanked' percentage I'd say others do to.
True, and he will learn a lot by the time he gets his new 2016 as well :D

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
What if you want to do the opposite? Removing the front splash guards? Can you re-use the self-tapping screws from the front splash guards?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
What if you want to do the opposite? Removing the front splash guards? Can you re-use the self-tapping screws from the front splash guards?
They are different. The screws that came with the splash guards have always-on washers, where the original ones did not. It will probably work fine, though. Just curious why you'd want to remove them. They keep dirt off the passenger door.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Why would you want to take them off?

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
I'd remove the front splash guards for the sporty look. Afterall, do you see any splash guards on the BMW 3/4-series?

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'd remove the front splash guards for the sporty look. Afterall, do you see any splash guards on the BMW 3/4-series?
No clue, I never look at those, not my taste

CiviOne0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Infiniti G37 2016 Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about getting some splash guards for my black Touring. Can anyone comment on the installation of these? Can I put them on myself easily?? Also do they help much?? Thanks!
I added these splash guards on my car a few days after Christmas, just this past weekend we had non stop rain here and I noticed a big difference and more protection. I'd highly recommend them, plus they are easy to install as well. I still need to take pics of them on the car, cars been dirty past few days.

OP
OP

twelver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic
I just got mine and put the two front ones on. They were straightforward. How do you remove the clip on the bottom of the car for the rear guards?? Im not sure how to get up under the car and take it out. Is it a screw on the other side? Do I need a jack to be able to see it?? Thanks.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So the trade off for your "sporty" looks is that you're not going to give a shit about the drivers behind you. Your location says you're from Canada so I'm assuming you get snow. In March, when that stuff melts and there's gravel all over, you'll just be throwing it all over behind you... God help the drivers behind you.

You don't see BMW's or large d bag pickup trucks with splash guards because they don't come standard from the dealership and people don't want to drop another $150 on them.

CE1_nobling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX 6sp , 1997 Honda Accord EX Wagon , 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CrewCab 6.0
Country flag
I just got mine and put the two front ones on. They were straightforward. How do you remove the clip on the bottom of the car for the rear guards?? Im not sure how to get up under the car and take it out. Is it a screw on the other side? Do I need a jack to be able to see it?? Thanks.
Twelver - You can do everything with the car on the ground...I suggest you invest in a stubby phillips head screwdriver if you do not already have one.
The clip is easy to remove with a small flat blade screwdriver. Pry gently on the center part between the outside lip ,and it will pop out. Link for example of push pin type (http://tinyurl.com/splashguard-pin)
Note : when reinserting the push pin to secure the splashguard , make sure the push pin goes inside the finder liner retainer hole and not just the painted bumper part. You might have to use two hands to do it. If you don't and just push it in, the guard will be loose.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored