Splash shield detached/hanging

Quibitch123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 19
Country flag
Hi guys,

Yesterday I noticed during driving a scratching sound from time to time. I took a look underneath the car and found that the splash shield on the driver side between the wheels is hanging through, see photo. This seems to be causing the scratching sound. Also, I realized that two screws are missing that are holding the engine splash shield, see other photo.

I got the car as a CPO two months ago. Would the repairs be covered under the warranty?

Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Splash shield detached/hanging B5C9E46C-8B80-469C-82CE-BA4F3FDA3057

Honda Civic 10th gen Splash shield detached/hanging AAC5E856-1D5B-4550-949E-5E92C083F4A5

Hats_N_Hoodies

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Hi guys,

Yesterday I noticed during driving a scratching sound from time to time. I took a look underneath the car and found that the splash shield on the driver side between the wheels is hanging through, see photo. This seems to be causing the scratching sound. Also, I realized that two screws are missing that are holding the engine splash shield, see other photo.

I got the car as a CPO two months ago. Would the repairs be covered under the warranty?

Thanks

B5C9E46C-8B80-469C-82CE-BA4F3FDA3057.jpeg

AAC5E856-1D5B-4550-949E-5E92C083F4A5.jpeg
I don't know what "CPO" stands for but typically this skid plate hanging like that is due to lazy and or poorly trained oil changers. Will be hard to get it covered under warranty. If you know where the last oil change was done and have a receipt you may be able to request they fix it for you.

Reactions: Phy