First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They're super flashy - so if you like the look of them personally, why not?

Personally, I don't like the look of them, it's kinda too much unless the rest of the car is equally as tricked out.

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
We've made great strides of improvement since the rice wars of the 90's, 00's, and 10's, lets start this next decade rice free please.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
We've made great strides of improvement since the rice wars of the 90's, 00's, and 10's, lets start this next decade rice free please.
Actually spiked lug nuts have been out years before the “ricers”

Amazon

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Cobalt SS
Country flag
Actually spiked lug nuts have been out years before the “ricers”

Essentially anything ricers put on their car was around before they came around, spoilers, aero kits, chrome markers, badging, spiked nuts, etc. But it doesn't recuse those parts from being ricey. OP wants to remove his 2.5lb set of factory nuts and replace them with a 9.6 lb set of spiked nuts. So he is adding 1.75lb's of weight to each wheel and added turbulence to his car since the spikes stick out past the rim. Its not just form over function, its form with negative function, thats rice.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Essentially anything ricers put on their car was around before they came around, spoilers, aero kits, chrome markers, badging, spiked nuts, etc. But it doesn't recuse those parts from being ricey. OP wants to remove his 2.5lb set of factory nuts and replace them with a 9.6 lb set of spiked nuts. So he is adding 1.75lb's of weight to each wheel and added turbulence to his car since the spikes stick out past the rim. Its not just form over function, its form with negative function, thats rice.
I get what you’re saying which is true. I just remembered a friend putting them on his slant six Plymouth duster ( plus a lot of stupid stuff) which that was in 1986 when we were 18 years old and riced wasn’t a word then

HalfBreed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Sedan, 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I was 18 when the original "The Fast and the Furious" was released. That movie made the import scene blow up in my area, but not necessarily in a good way. ?

I'm ashamed to admit that 18yr old me fell victim to the rice. My first car right before the movie's release was a '92 Civic, and of course it was quickly decked out with a generic fart can from Auto Zone that did nothing but make noise, set off car alarms and get me pulled over a couple times a month, Altezza style tail lights, mirror tinted windows and strobes in the side markers. I did skip the giant aluminum spoilers that were popular, though. Lol.

UpDok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (white)
Country flag
I say Nay
They remind me of the spiked wheels on the chariots in the old movie "Ben Hur". They're okay if your'e a Gladiator.
I'd probably injure myself if I screwed them onto my car.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
The only way that the actual spikes would look okay is if you have a wide wheel with killer concave. That way they aren’t sticking way out like all the pictures. That’s the biggest turn off for me.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Nay...Pure GhettoCivic :thumbsdown:

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally I don't like em...thankfully they can just be not installed.

vladucard

First Name
Caspian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To each their own, I wouldn't though!
Sponsored