Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honga Magoomobile
Nuh... another sedan mule. It's completely the wrong shape for anyone used to Euro hatches.

Abu Adam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda City
Nuh... another sedan mule. It's completely the wrong shape for anyone used to Euro hatches.
Agree with the Euro hatches taste....but what about Prius competitor? the Prius is hot in Germany and all over rich Europe country..

this hatchback is the new Insight ..undergoing Hybrid powertrain testing...noted that the steel wheel? that wheel is as light as aluminium wheels..

Last edited:

Abu Adam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda City
That has to be a sedan lol, I see door handles in the back. >_>
It's absolutely hatchback... to make it clear... the sedan's trunk opening is separated to rear glass (the left car out of the trio spyshot)...instead the hatchback trunk open together with the rear glass... result massive opening trunk means far more practical than the sedan version...even though the rear slope design is identical between this Civic X sedan and hatchback...

Viva la vida

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T
I find it hard to believe that this is the hatchback? Say it ain't so Honda... you've said you're going back to your roots and going to make the car sporty again. This isn't anything like the hatches of old nor very sporty looking.

I want to believe this is just the sedan in another type of camo. I think once we can see the rear trunk camo removed we'll be able to see for sure if it's the sedan or hatch.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
No way that is the hatchback, those two look the exact same!

Would Honda really come up with a new hatchback design instead of just bringing the Euro design over?

randY49

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thetailpipe.com
Vehicle(s)
1988 CRX Si, 2015 Civic Si
Country flag
Maybe this is just the Civic Hybrid (Concept B)? with a different true 5-door hatch prototype to come?
I was thinking Hybrid as well, but Honda hasn't mentioned anything about offering a Hybrid powertrain. Seems to me there would be no reason to keep that a secret.

Perhaps it's an HF trim?

05 Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Si Coupe
I was thinking Hybrid as well, but Honda hasn't mentioned anything about offering a Hybrid powertrain. Seems to me there would be no reason to keep that a secret.

Perhaps it's an HF trim?
But HF has been the same body and not a different form? Would be surprised to see a different shape just for HF trim.

RSXer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 RSX
Agree with the Euro hatches taste....but what about Prius competitor? the Prius is hot in Germany and all over rich Europe country..

this hatchback is the new Insight ..undergoing Hybrid powertrain testing...noted that the steel wheel? that wheel is as light as aluminium wheels..
Could be the Concept B (Prius competitor) but the rest of the two cars are Civics so would make sense this was a Civic too doing testing all together. Unless that's what Honda wants everyone to think?

Concept B for reference

Honda Civic 10th gen Spied! New 2016 Honda Civic 5-Door Hatchback Prototype Honda-Concept-B-side

Moichi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fit & CR-V
Country flag
Could be the Concept B (Prius competitor) but the rest of the two cars are Civics so would make sense this was a Civic too doing testing all together. Unless that's what Honda wants everyone to think?

Concept B for reference

Honda-Concept-B-side.jpg
Unless they thought they would sell boatloads of them then maybe it would be worth the investment in a slightly unique body shape? Hell even the Prius has multiple body lines now...
Sponsored