First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will Ktuner potentially offer Speedometer correction for non-standard gear and final drive ratios on the Si/ Sport Manual ECUs? I am in the process of swapping in a Si trans + built motor into my 2020 Sport Hatch and I would love this feature to keep the speedometer reading accurately.

As a side note, I have analyzed the pin-assignment for the Si and Sport ECU and noticed the harnesses to the ECU have the exact same pin assignment. Besides the immobilizer and rekey, can anyone provide information on if Ktuner can support an ECU swap?
Sponsored

OP
OP
mrburgerUS

mrburgerUS

First Name
Nicholai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback Si Swap
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you are on 18" wheels reading from tunerview there is a correction factor, try +6% & it should match up with speedo & tunerview.
I do not have tuner view currently, but I meant primarily for the stock gauge cluster. The trans gear ratio of the final drive is 4.10, and the 2020 Sensing ECU I’m swapping in expects a 4.35 Final Drive. I would hope Ktuner would support this soon, but I am thankfully in no rush to swap.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I do not have tuner view currently, but I meant primarily for the stock gauge cluster. The trans gear ratio of the final drive is 4.10, and the 2020 Sensing ECU I’m swapping in expects a 4.35 Final Drive. I would hope Ktuner would support this soon, but I am thankfully in no rush to swap.
if it's the correct Si ecu then it would do the job for you including the gauge cluster + b & F CAN they do those calcs from VSS if i'm not mistaken otherwise it wont be too much difference. even rims changed the speed will be a little out of whack.

websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
As swaps and such will be becoming more of a regular thing we will be looking into this.
I have an si and just put in my ppg Gear Set. Can I have please???

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
2020 is 4.44 ?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
YES ! pls make few ratios available for final drive to choose from haha
Is that necessary? Changing the final drive doesn't affect the speedometer.

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Is that necessary? Changing the final drive doesn't affect the speedometer.
opps sorry the gears lol does for sure not sure abt the FD but likely not ? changing rim size does though but not by a huge difference

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
opps sorry the gears lol does for sure not sure abt the FD but likely not ? changing rim size does though but not by a huge difference
Having a gear ratio table in KTuner to adjust the speedo would be amazing. And yes changing wheels and tires will also affect the speedo. Being able to correct that for any size wheel and tire would also be really cool.

Changing the final drive affects how the engine turns the diff, but the VSS is linked to how the diff spins the wheels. The ratio of diff to wheel doesn't change when you change the FD, so there's no effect :)

CAPTS

First Name
TY
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
10th Gen CivicX CVT->MT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Having a gear ratio table in KTuner to adjust the speedo would be amazing. And yes changing wheels and tires will also affect the speedo. Being able to correct that for any size wheel and tire would also be really cool.

Changing the final drive affects how the engine turns the diff, but the VSS is linked to how the diff spins the wheels. The ratio of diff to wheel doesn't change when you change the FD, so there's no effect :)
afaik with tunerview we can adjust it in percentage for correction but on the actual speedo that no too sure but there's some device that can be used to correct it then disp
Sponsored