websitesdown

First Name
Bee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI , 2023 Civic Sport
Country flag
Quick update. Attached are my findings after using my handheld oscilloscope yesterday. Kind of broke things out based on reviewing my video footage.

I need to try grounding to the battery and repeat a few things to improve my diagnostics.

If anyone thinks of something else to try, please mention it.

Yep, simple like mine is hooked up should do the trick. It was the quickest easiest solid solution when I was hunting for a good solid ground.

I think it's the gear depth. I think you moving a tiny bit and it saying 0 finally proves it. You moved again a little and you lost the signal again. I wonder if upping the resistor would fix it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I connected the ground straight to the battery and ran more tests. No improvement with the ground to the battery. I was a little more careful in the order I was doing things to show repeatability. I'll revise my little document with the latest info and put it back up here. I don't do this stuff everyday, so my approaches have to be refined to be more clear with the results. Frustrating at times.

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I have a new YouTube channel to upload videos for the Civic and created a troubleshooting playlist to continue to discuss the speed correction issue. The video up there now shows waveforms and voltages for the fault and normal operation.

https://youtube.com/@27Worx

Feel free to look at some of the other content. I'll keep commenting here as I learn more.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I have a new YouTube channel to upload videos for the Civic and created a troubleshooting playlist to continue to discuss the speed correction issue. The video up there now shows waveforms and voltages for the fault and normal operation.

https://youtube.com/@27Worx

Feel free to look at some of the other content. I'll keep commenting here as I learn more.
Subscribed

OP
OP
Chris_19Si

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Final update for using Dakota Digital. @ManitobaSI graciously provided me a PNP speedo sensor splice harness, which solved my problem with the speedometer erroring to 161mph at a dead stop. There was noise in the cheap wires I used. The new harness has high quality wire to reject noise and everything works great now. I've read about using shielded wires for sensors and/or high quality wires, but never experienced the difference. Most of my wiring has been for stereos, where signal cables were always bought from an established company. Below are a couple of pictures of me reconnecting the old splice with new parts and sealing things up for the PNP harness.

In summary, use high quality wiring when dealing with sensor wiring.

PNP Harness
Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer calibration using Dakota Digital interface PNP_Harness[1]

Uninsulated butt connectors
Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer calibration using Dakota Digital interface Butt_Connectors[1]

Heat shrink tubing
Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer calibration using Dakota Digital interface Heat_Shrink[1]

Sealing with electrical tape
Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer calibration using Dakota Digital interface Sealed[1]

Wired to Dakota unit
Honda Civic 10th gen Speedometer calibration using Dakota Digital interface Wired[1]

Big thanks to @ManitobaSI .