Si SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More!

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Update for you all! Today is the day! The clutch is finally coming in!

Going to get the car towed to my friends to get fixed, and will hopefully have the car by Friday.

I will try my best to get as many pictures as possible of the process of the clutch swap!

PicsArt_11-20-08.34.12.png
Take a snap of that destroyed clutch ;)
Here's mine
Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More! 20180722_142100
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
To the untrained eye, what am i looking for here to know that this is a destroyed clutch?
Mine wasn't too bad. It started to slip just a week before the new one went in.

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Take a snap of that destroyed clutch ;)
Here's mine
20180722_142100.jpg
I was actually going to do this! I saw your post and it sparked inspiration hahaha. Cause this is my first big car purchase too and is manual so I wanted to do the same.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
First manual for me xD

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
So sorry guys! I was supposed to post the SPEC Flywheel and Clutch but I missed the driver by 30 minutes :doh: I got home to find a door tag for redelivery. Ugh! There were people home but I guess the driver didn't try hard enough to have someone answer. I adjusted the package to be delivered today to a nearby post office instead so I can pick it up on my own time after work. So stay tuned for for those pictures!

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
However I was able to get the car towed from my friend's place to my other friends place where it will be getting repaired. When was the last time you saw an Si on a flatbed tow truck?

Most asked question this week: It's a 2018 and the clutch is slipping ALREADY?

So! Itinerary today:

Work, pick up clutch, pick up new slave cylinder (I'm going to be running the clutch delay valve again), pick up other parts at home, and then drop everything off to my friend tonight :thumbsup: He will start taking the car apart tonight and is going to try to take some pictures for me of the process. Hoping to get it back by the end of this week! Super excited!

Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More! IMG_20181120_160429

Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More! IMG_20181120_154855

Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More! IMG_20181120_163944

Honda Civic 10th gen SPEC Inc. Proprietary Stage 2+ Clutch/Aluminum SMF + More! IMG_20181120_155646

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I believe that “quote” came from a comment I made. I was comparing the pedal feel of the 3+ vs the Type R OEM clutch kit. The Type R setup is very nice if the kit modified to fit the Si ends up being economically priced. However, I think the 2+ kit that you ordered is going to prove to be an excellent choice, that will likely withstand long term use and abuse better than the factory Type R setup. :thumbsup:
He was messaging me while I was extremely busy and didn't finish my sentence. @IvanJonn yes I meant the clutch feel. However, you still made a great choice!

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Thanks Franco! How's the Type R clutch feeling?!
I love it. I got all my features working again..
Brake hold disengages at the right time, ebrake disengages if seatbelt is on. It feels a little heavier than stock clutch. Just a tiny bit.

Glad I did it since my flywheel was shot. I'll be installing a new slave cylinder Saturday

I did get the custom master cylinder from eman as well

OP
OP
IvanJonn

IvanJonn

First Name
Ivan Jonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I love it. I got all my features working again..
Brake hold disengages at the right time, ebrake disengages if seatbelt is on. It feels a little heavier than stock clutch. Just a tiny bit.

Glad I did it since my flywheel was shot. I'll be installing a new slave cylinder Saturday

I did get the custom master cylinder from eman as well
What happened to your features?

And oh what, I didn't know he was selling them. How much was it and what's the difference?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What happened to your features?

And oh what, I didn't know he was selling them. How much was it and what's the difference?
I remember Eman telling me his custom cmc is $225 shipped