Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well then give a shout out for me. I am having zero luck. I have hit him up like 4 times since the first of July. The money jar with "new clutch" written on the side is full and his for the taking.
4 times ain't enough lol and he won't respond till he has more available since he is backed up with so many orders and not only for clutches and 10th gens either
Sponsored

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Dudes in high demand. I will keep at it. Just hate to bug the shit out of people. I feel like a desperate ex lol
You want it and he got it lol. Just keep on bugging till he responds

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Man, this blows. Saw his video on IG and was wondering what that was all about. Wonder if @Two Step Performance has any input on this or if they've run into any issues on their test car. Anyone else who can chime in with higher mileage?
The customer involved has never reached out to us therefore we have no information on this case (or any like it). However, if any of our customers are having trouble with any products we sell we encourage them to reach out to us so that we can act as an advocate on their behalf and ensure the best possible resolution.

The "high RPM lockout" issue was resolved by upgrading the somewhat weak factory CMC to something stronger and better suited for the increased clamping force of the Proprietary style kits. Any issues regarding vehicles that have the upgraded CMC have not been brought to our attention.

Reactions: MGZ

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read most the posts. I'll chime in i have spec 2+ steel fw. I had high rpm lockout when installed. After installing wilwood cmc it's a perfect setup. Problem is durring the 4 weeks driving without the cmc upgrade I zaped 4th gear and now I have to let rpm drop below like 5k to shift into 4th. It will make that syncro zap noise if i try to speed shift into 4th.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I read most the posts. I'll chime in i have spec 2+ steel fw. I had high rpm lockout when installed. After installing wilwood cmc it's a perfect setup. Problem is durring the 4 weeks driving without the cmc upgrade I zaped 4th gear and now I have to let rpm drop below like 5k to shift into 4th. It will make that syncro zap noise if i try to speed shift into 4th.
That's not good. Your 4th gear will be going out soon then if it started to make that noise.

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's not good. Your 4th gear will be going out soon then if it started to make that noise.
You said that a couple months ago... I WOT all through 4th. Still only a problem if I speed shit 4th at high RPM. Fingers crossed.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You said that a couple months ago... I WOT all through 4th. Still only a problem if I speed shit 4th at high RPM. Fingers crossed.
I mean any issue isn't good lol as the modified cmc is suppose to fix that

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean any issue isn't good lol as the modified cmc is suppose to fix that
Im not excited about it but I guess I'll push it till it breaks. Speaking of, you get your motor rebuilt?

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Im not excited about it but I guess I'll push it till it breaks. Speaking of, you get your motor rebuilt?
I feel ya and no lol why would I have my motor rebuilt?

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought you were the guy from YouTube with the bad tune/blown motor. Sorry. To be on topic o guess I'm happy with the 2+ and CMC upgrade now but I'm pissed that my 4th grinds at high RPM. I can live with it if it's not going to blow. 12k miles on car, clutch was at 5k.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I thought you were the guy from YouTube with the bad tune/blown motor. Sorry. To be on topic o guess I'm happy with the 2+ and CMC upgrade now but I'm pissed that my 4th grinds at high RPM. I can live with it if it's not going to blow. 12k miles on car, clutch was at 5k.
Oh I’m not that phong kid lol. His motor taking like 5-6 months already and still not done with that cvt block

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eman just wants everyone to buy his retrofit. Take it with a grain of salt.
Well not one single complaint from those who have purchased it other then price I guess lol. which is a lot of the 10th gen community own now and has lasted some customers over 100k miles believe it or not.

Mooseyq

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Well not one single complaint from those who have purchased it other then price I guess lol. which is a lot of the 10th gen community own now and has lasted some customers over 100k miles believe it or not.
There is no doubt that the type r retro is the superior options for those who can access it. However, not everyone can and thats why I dont think the knee jerk reaction should be "get the type r retro".
Sponsored