BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
For those that have been issue with your clutch having a “lock out” issue at the higher rpm’s, Spec has reportedly found the solution. I have been in touch with them while they were working on figuring out the culprit.
In my latest email with them, this is what i was told,

“The master cylinder just needed to be upgraded. They shift like a dream with it and the pedal feels tons better, too. That’s the first takeaway when I drove it.
The kit is an aftermarket large bore master (not an upgraded stocker). It is still good to take the line dampener out (near the slave), but it still shifts OK leaving it in, as long as you have the big bore master. The kit is direct bolt-in and also includes a stainless clutch line and all the required installation hardware. We are selling it to everyone who already has the clutch and flywheel kit for half price, which is below our cost to make it. $99. Then for everyone in the future that wants the extreme clamp pressure plate will need the hyd kit and it will retail for $199. The hyd kits are shipping now…sent 2 out today”.

I will be ordering mine next week and will keep everyone updated. If you have it installed please post your impressions!
Excited to get this sorted out once and for all!
Sponsored

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
For those that have been issue with your clutch having a “lock out” issue at the higher rpm’s, Spec has reportedly found the solution. I have been in touch with them while they were working on figuring out the culprit.
In my latest email with them, this is what i was told,

“The master cylinder just needed to be upgraded. They shift like a dream with it and the pedal feels tons better, too. That’s the first takeaway when I drove it.
The kit is an aftermarket large bore master (not an upgraded stocker). It is still good to take the line dampener out (near the slave), but it still shifts OK leaving it in, as long as you have the big bore master. The kit is direct bolt-in and also includes a stainless clutch line and all the required installation hardware. We are selling it to everyone who already has the clutch and flywheel kit for half price, which is below our cost to make it. $99. Then for everyone in the future that wants the extreme clamp pressure plate will need the hyd kit and it will retail for $199. The hyd kits are shipping now…sent 2 out today”.

I will be ordering mine next week and will keep everyone updated. If you have it installed please post your impressions!
Excited to get this sorted out once and for all!
Link!?! I wants it :)

Paired with one of these and we got nice setup going
https://www.maperformance.com/produ...-short-shifter-2016-2019-honda-civic-6mt-1892

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
While I can appreciate the product development that went into the hydro kit, I think it’s pretty crappy that they are making existing customers purchase it, just to make their car operate normally. They should be giving the kit out free to current owners and selling it at retail for any new customers. Additionally, there should be a very visible disclaimer on their clutch kits that lockout will occurs without the hydro upgrade.

Derek2slow

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the update man I just sent them an email!

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
While I can appreciate the product development that went into the hydro kit, I think it’s pretty crappy that they are making existing customers purchase it, just to make their car operate normally. They should be giving the kit out free to current owners and selling it at retail for any new customers. Additionally, there should be a very visible disclaimer on their clutch kits that lockout will occurs without the hydro upgrade.
I think we are lucky to get the upgrade half off sir. If they sold the clutch with the new upgrade in the first place, the price would have likely be an extra $200. I think this upgrade will be necessary with any aftermarket clutch. So, thank you Spec for this upgrade. I can't wait to have this myself.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed

I think we are lucky to get the upgrade half off sir. If they sold the clutch with the new upgrade in the first place, the price would have likely be an extra $200. I think this upgrade will be necessary with any aftermarket clutch. So, thank you Spec for this upgrade. I can't wait to have this myself.
I agree with @jakabony because it’s the hassle of buying a product that did not work how it should in the first place.
There poor R&D testing the clutch out should have been correct from beginning. Why sell a product that is gonna give your customer a problem and then charge them to fix it. Initial customers should have got theirs for free and whoever they have make the hydro kits probably cost a less then $99. Cost my ass.
Sorry for those that have to pay someone to put the part in since some can’t do it themselves.
That is the hassle, as the saying goes “because race car.”

JC671

Youtube: JaySi.671
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI, '90 GTR, '10 370z, '90 Mr2 Turbo
Country flag
So, is this kit only available from the spec website or is this available from @Two Step Performance as well?

OP
OP
BoostedDreams

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Agreed

I agree with @jakabony because it’s the hassle of buying a product that did not work how it should in the first place.
There poor R&D testing the clutch out should have been correct from beginning. Why sell a product that is gonna give your customer a problem and then charge them to fix it. Initial customers should have got theirs for free and whoever they have make the hydro kits probably cost a less then $99. Cost my ass.
Sorry for those that have to pay someone to put the part in since some can’t do it themselves.
That is the hassle, as the saying goes “because race car.”
Yes, that is all true. I think at this point people just want a solution. They are already invested and just want the product to work. I agree that we shouldn't have to pay $100, but at this point it is what it is and I want to be done with this lol

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In a perfect world, Spec would have realized this issue during their clutch/flywheel product development and add the hydro kit then, at a higher price point obviously. The fact that they released a product that has created lockout issues for like 99% of the customers who have bought it, to me, means the hydro kit should fall under a “mandatory modification” clause, at no charge to the customer. That’s how it works with technology manufacturers and this should be no different.

givemeadollar

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Note to self, don't buy anything spec related or their garbage products unless you want to get screwed without so much as a courtesy spit. Charging people to fix a giant mess up on your end is just hilarious. But such is the life of another bottom of the barrel aftermarket company.
Sponsored