SPEC Clutch Proprietary Clutch + Single Mass Flywheel Combos are now available to order!

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
As of this evening, SPEC has advised me that the steel flywheels are ready to ship!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are here! The steel flywheels are ready to ship. Pricing is the same as the aluminum version. They weigh 24.8lbs, lighter than stock (32lbs) but heavy enough to avoid any extra drivetrain noise. We are recommending the 2+ package to most customers, as it will comfortably hold 380+ ft lbs at the wheels:

http://twostepperformance.com/spec-...eel-flywheel-combo-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/

Please note there is an error in the current site description that says to expect noise. That is not the case! We expect it to be as quiet as the stock flywheel.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
They are here! The steel flywheels are ready to ship. Pricing is the same as the aluminum version. They weigh 24.8lbs, lighter than stock (32lbs) but heavy enough to avoid any extra drivetrain noise. We are recommending the 2+ package to most customers, as it will comfortably hold 380+ ft lbs at the wheels:

http://twostepperformance.com/spec-...eel-flywheel-combo-for-2016-honda-civic-1-5t/

Please note there is an error in the current site description that says to expect noise. That is not the case! We expect it to be as quiet as the stock flywheel.
Yasss!! Not running any Black Friday sales tho? Hate to purchase and then see coupon codes in a couple days..

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yasss!! Not running any Black Friday sales tho? Hate to purchase and then see coupon codes in a couple days..
There are no planned sales for that product planned at this time, but all coupon codes are valid. (including the one in my signature)

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
@Two Step Performance

So I know you recommend the stage 2+, but is it really necessary considering the regular stage 2 is already good for 399 tq (~340 wtq)? The most I plan on doing is downpipe and intercooler, running 91 octane (already have Cobra intake and ktuner). I'm pretty sure that will get nowhere near 340 wtq. Is there any drivability or longevity advantage to going with the stage 2 instead of stage 2+ ?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
@Two Step Performance

So I know you recommend the stage 2+, but is it really necessary considering the regular stage 2 is already good for 399 tq (~340 wtq)? The most I plan on doing is downpipe and intercooler, running 91 octane (already have Cobra intake and ktuner). I'm pretty sure that will get nowhere near 340 wtq. Is there any drivability or longevity advantage to going with the stage 2 instead of stage 2+ ?
The stage 2 would very possibly be more comfortable on the street than the 2+. It is rated to approximately 340 ft lbs at the wheels and that is probably a conservative rating. Truth me told, it may be a good option for a lot of people. However, I am very hesitant to recommend something that is somewhat "borderline" because I really do not someone to make the investment for the clutch kit and install, and then find out it is not working for them!

All of that being said, if my own Si was going to be ran only with the factory turbocharger with 91 octane and not subjected to the torque demands of flex fuel, I would be comfortable with giving the Stage 2 kit a shot.

airickmatthews

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic hatch sport
Country flag
The stage 2 would very possibly be more comfortable on the street than the 2+. It is rated to approximately 340 ft lbs at the wheels and that is probably a conservative rating. Truth me told, it may be a good option for a lot of people. However, I am very hesitant to recommend something that is somewhat "borderline" because I really do not someone to make the investment for the clutch kit and install, and then find out it is not working for them!

All of that being said, if my own Si was going to be ran only with the factory turbocharger with 91 octane and not subjected to the torque demands of flex fuel, I would be comfortable with giving the Stage 2 kit a shot.
I just went with the 2+ anyways. Better safe than sorry the way I look at it. Can’t be much of a difference of feel anyways.

tehSteve

GrayBeard McGootch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Si
Country flag
I only have the TSP Stage1 and PRL Cold Air.
Don't really plan on modding this car anymore as I already have went all out on my EvoX.
So technically I should be around 237whp/280wtq (93oct) maybe slightly more with the cold air

I do slip WOT.... the the point where the tach needle just hangs for 4 seconds at the same rpm then catches

I am even considering the Stage1 since with 15% drivetrain loss, should put the torque level at 290.
I think the 2+ is overkill.
2 might be overkill too.

Thoughts anyone?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I only have the TSP Stage1 and PRL Cold Air.
Don't really plan on modding this car anymore as I already have went all out on my EvoX.
So technically I should be around 237whp/280wtq (93oct) maybe slightly more with the cold air

I do slip WOT.... the the point where the tach needle just hangs for 4 seconds at the same rpm then catches

I am even considering the Stage1 since with 15% drivetrain loss, should put the torque level at 290.
I think the 2+ is overkill.
2 might be overkill too.

Thoughts anyone?
Stage 2 may be a great option for you. Maybe even stage 1. I would likely not go above the 2 for your application if you are confident you will not increase torque level further.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
What is the difference between 2 and 2+. There must be a reason one would buy the 2 instead of the 2+ being it only has a $20 difference. I know the 2+ has more torque capacity but what else is different?
Is 2+ a tougher shift? If it is, how much tougher can I expect it to be? If the difference is not astronomical then I dont see why any would not just go for the plus. Have not seen many reviews on the aluminum versions yet so I do not know exactly what to expect.