SPEC Clutch Proprietary Clutch + Single Mass Flywheel Combos are now available to order!

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
PRL intake + intercooler + downpipe w/ KTuner 23 psi on 91 octane. That shouldn't exceed 290 wtq, right?
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Has anyone pulled the trigger on this yet? If so, would you be willing to post up a video with your feedback and any sound samples that you might be able to capture of chatter/gear lash?

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Has anyone pulled the trigger on this yet? If so, would you be willing to post up a video with your feedback and any sound samples that you might be able to capture of chatter/gear lash?
I am ordering as soon as the carbon steel flywheel package is released, either with the stage 2/3+.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
I've tried to record audio of the transmission noise with no success. Maybe someone else will have better luck? I've not received any feedback regarding the noise from any customers that have purchased the kit so far. It does seem like a lot of people are waiting on the steel flywheel option.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any updates on the combo with steel flywheel?
As of this morning, SPEC is expecting the raw steel to be on hand and ready for machining no later than Thursday.

Ruskee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si
Country flag
Any chance of some kinda group buy deal for clutch + steel flywheel ?

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Any chance of some kinda group buy deal for clutch + steel flywheel ?
Yes, while we are waiting on final pricing for the steel flywheels, we will carry over the group buy discounts that we are currently doing on the aluminum flywheels.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Yes, while we are waiting on final pricing for the steel flywheels, we will carry over the group buy discounts that we are currently doing on the aluminum flywheels.
Do you possibly have any user testimonials that you could share from those who have bought the aluminum flywheel option? Would love to get multiple perspectives on how noticeable the transmission noise is.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you possibly have any user testimonials that you could share from those who have bought the aluminum flywheel option? Would love to get multiple perspectives on how noticeable the transmission noise is.
I do have an owner that is supposed to be writing a review for the Stage 3+ / Aluminum flywheel combo. I will be sure to share it once I receive it, but I did request he post it directly to CivicX.

While I am also eager to hear an unbiased, third party review, I would tell you that the noise is rarely (if ever) noticeable in the car, but sounds like a light rattle outside the car. It’s is more noticeable with the hood open. I’ve tried to record the noise inside the car unsuccessfully, but may try again outside the car with the hood open.

Hijinx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2016 Civic LX
Country flag
Watching this.

OP
OP
Two Step Performance

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here's that video I mentioned. You can only clearly hear the noise over the "normal " engine sounds when I hold the video camera very close to the transmission. It is a light rattle that varies in frequency. The transmission was warm at the time of recording, the warm fluid is thinner and dampens the noise less, thus giving you your "worst case scenario".

Last edited:

BoostedDreams

First Name
Heisenburg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R, 2006 Mazda 6
Country flag
Here's that video I mentioned. You can only clearly hear the noise over the "normal " engine sounds when I hold the video camera very close to the transmission. It is a light rattle that varies in frequency. The transmission was warm at the time of recording, the warm fluid is thinner and dampens the noise less, thus giving you your "worst case scenario".

That’s not bad at all really. I might just pull the trigger on the lightweight one.

Someone mentioned that there is a bit of a power loss at higher speeds with a light flywheel? Is there any truth to this ? @Two Step Performance
Sponsored