First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
Hey everyone!
First post for me in this forum:

I recently decided to upgrade all speakers in my '16 Coupe LX, and the door speakers are not an issue at all - but when searching for a speaker bracket for the rears (4 inch deck speakers) I'm got nada...

I'm 98% convinced that I cannot re-use the factory speaker mount, so does anyone have a solution for installing aftermarket deck speakers??

Speakers to be installed...
Doors: 6.5" Pioneer TS-G1645R
Deck: 4" Pioneer TS-G1045R

Any mounting solutions for the deck speakers will be considered.

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Not that it's the same situation but I've used factory door speaker mounts on older Honda's and I sometimes just had to use a jig saw or Dremel tool to open them up a little more for the basket to set down into it or clearance them for the larger magnet of the aftermarket speakers.

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
Deck: 4" Pioneer TS-G1045R

Any mounting solutions for the deck speakers will be considered.
Honda Civic 10th gen Speaker Upgrade speaker-installed

This is how I mounted 4" speakers in my rear deck. Just took a set of the same 6.5" adapters as for the front doors and cut an MDF ring to shrink the hole down from 6.5" to 4".

wscott8935

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX Coupe
speaker-installed.jpg

This is how I mounted 4" speakers in my rear deck. Just took a set of the same 6.5" adapters as for the front doors and cut an MDF ring to shrink the hole down from 6.5" to 4".

I'm sure this works for the sedan models, but the coupe models come with 4" factory speakers in the deck, not 6.5" like the sedans. Perhaps taking the Dremel tool to the factory speaker to release it from the mount will allow an after market speaker to be installed...

Like I said, any mounting options will be considered - so the MDF suggestion makes the brain gears turn. Might have to remove the rears and trace the bracket to form a replacement out of the MDF. I may even go as far as getting sheets of abs plastic, gluing them into layers and Dremeling them to fit. Thank Josby

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
I don't think that will work. The amps I've seen that have signal sensing turn-on are only able to do so on the speaker-level inputs. You'll have the L2Ci connected to the RCA inputs of the amp, which I don't think it can use for signal sensing. Also, even if it could, I am pretty sure nothing would be coming out of the L2Ci's outputs anyway, because it wouldn't be turned on yet.

The L2Ci does have signal sensing turn-on too, though, and since you'll be feeding it speaker-level inputs, it can turn on from those. And it has a turn-on output that you can run to your amp.

I know I mentioned it to you directly, but for the benefit of anyone else reading, I think it's unlikely that an L2Ci is necessary for a hatchback with a sub. Unless the signal being sent to its sub is different than for the sedan.

That is, the sedan definitely has plenty of output down to 20 Hz on its sub output, and so no bass restoration is needed:

response-1-png.png

So i ended up doing a mono amp for a sub, where would u suggest i dial in the low pass filter at? 60? 100?

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well, i installed some Hertz components DSK165 in the front and this wknd i installed an Alpine mrv250....and sht, what a difference! I am going to also rip the rears out this week and I think i am done.

Very happy with results for not that much.

Honda Civic 10th gen Speaker Upgrade WP_20170811_006

Honda Civic 10th gen Speaker Upgrade WP_20170811_005

Honda Civic 10th gen Speaker Upgrade WP_20170811_004

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amp for the comps, right? Is it a pita getting new wiring into the doors for the speakers or is the factory wiring not 24ga or something crazy thin like older Honda's

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Amp for the comps, right? Is it a pita getting new wiring into the doors for the speakers or is the factory wiring not 24ga or something crazy thin like older Honda's

no, sorry - the AMP is only for the Alpine 8" Sub (not shown) ----
the other 10 speakers still running off the factory AMP/DSP.

I had an apt this wknd to do the full DSP/AMP replacement and decided to try this first and well, I still need to tweak it slightly but I am super happy with how it turned out.

I had an 8" alpine R-type sub from my previous car. just purchased a 110 dollar amp for it, bought two sets of the HERTZ speakers (one set in rear still need to replace) -- and dang I like it .
if I wanted to go crazy, I can still do the aftermarket DSP tune an bypass the stock amp easy but I will wait and see.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ahh... Touring... I only have the 6 speakers. The ribbed surround type Rs are some of my favorite subs I've owned. Went straight to that option for this car but you cannot get a 12 type R for 114 shipped like you could 12 years ago... So I'm going to either use my pair of ID8 V4s or single REX12. RF300.1 to power and LC2i because I have no factory sub signal...

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I'm sure this works for the sedan models, but the coupe models come with 4" factory speakers in the deck, not 6.5" like the sedans.
Oh, my bad! That's the first time I have ever seen that mentioned! Makes sense since the coupe rear deck is considerably narrower.

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Actually, amp is only for the sub. Just changing the speakers and u realize the stock dsp amp isnt that bad!

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
Well, i installed some Hertz components DSK165 in the front and this wknd i installed an Alpine mrv250....and sht, what a difference! I am going to also rip the rears out this week and I think i am done.
Just curious, why did you go with Hertz instead of JBL? I'm thinking about picking up some JBL components, instead of adding a sub. Are the components you have strong enough without the need for a separate sub?

Nismo14

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch Sport Touring; 14 370Z Nismo
Country flag
So after having my hella horns installed i browsed the speakers section. I know zero about sound systems and speakers etc. Heck everything sounded better than my stock setup. So I asked for speakers with nice clarity the only word I could use to communicate what I like ha! So after 4 speakers, an amp and tweeters with labor the quote was $1500. Any guidance or feedback on the attached quote would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Honda Civic 10th gen Speaker Upgrade 20171011_153336

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just curious, why did you go with Hertz instead of JBL? I'm thinking about picking up some JBL components, instead of adding a sub. Are the components you have strong enough without the need for a separate sub?

I was told by more than 2 honest shops, that the crapiest Hertz are better than JBL...plus, they are high db sensetivity. They sound awesome and i cant even turn up all the way up anymore,,,,,
Sponsored