Speaker Swaps

nicmartim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hey all, looking at making some minor upgrades as far as the sound system in my 2018 EX. I am not looking to upgrade the HU (at least not right away) but do want more/better quality sound. What would be some recommendations as far as drop-in speaker upgrades that a complete AV noob could do without an amp? I have the base EX system now with the 4 speakers (6.5s??) and the door tweeters. Is it worthwhile to upgrade the tweeters as well? Might eventually look at putting a small sub in the rear deck (long-term plan) following a similar setup to what @JT Si did in this thread:
https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...or-coupe-rear-deck-semi-custom-bracket.52830/

If I am correct my HU puts out 180 watts, right? Is that total (30W/channel) or each? Trying to avoid the complications that installing an amp adds to this project, fully aware that adding an amp infinitely increases the quality and quantity of the sound. Any and all speaker recommendations are welcome as well as advice/pitfalls of prior builds. Thanks!!!
Sponsored