SPC Rear Camber Arms Review

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
SPC Rear camber arm part #67476

When altering your vehicle ride height, it goes 2 ways. Raising the vehicle causes the suspension/wheels to “tilt” inwards to the vehicle center, but for most of CTR owners, we will lower the suspension height causing the suspension/wheels to tilt outward of the vehicle centerlines.

Doing this causes the majority of the suspension geometry aka “angles” to go out of the OEM specifications. Being blunt you will not get “All” of your suspension angles back into that green zone you normally get when given the alignment print out of before and after with stock suspension arms. This review is only based on correcting the rear camber, one of many angles in your suspension. Camber is the biggest angle that will create uneven tire wear when lowering your CTR.

SPC rear camber arms are made of forged aluminum. Joints are their own xAxis sealed flex joints, according to SPC “a cross between pillow-ball and rubber bushings.” These arms allow for camber adjustment of a +/- 3.00 degrees over OEM arms. Built into the arms are the most important part for the CTR which is the height sensor mount.

I can say that the forged aluminum is beautiful and the quality is near perfect. If you aren’t a fan of the naked aluminum you can go to Eibach and purchase the same set in black as SPC supplies Eibach just rebranded.
Installation is well… Hard. The left Side will be a pain in the ass, upon removal you will find removing the bolt it will contact the gas tank. I will not get into how to install parts no more as many keyboard commandos have privately messaged me saying how to do it correctly.

After installation, alignment is a must to get the vehicle as close as you can to either OEM specifications or your own custom alignment specs. I’ll let you in on a little secret… the CTR alignment numbers are the same as a regular Civic in the same model year. With my contacts at the dealership, I heard it myself when he called Honda’s hotline to get the CTR specs.

The SPC rear camber arms have done what I wanted to get the rear camber to where I wanted, not causing excessive wear on the tires for the left/right rear. In 4 months, I have not had any issue with noise or it holding the rear camber in the set angle. The height sensor mount also allows the ADS to function without giving a malfunction light. Cost on average is $190 per side so $380 to have the rear arms.

Honda Civic 10th gen SPC Rear Camber Arms Review 47692955_342014546392795_2965692466730880841_n
Sponsored

Speed9117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW CTR, 2005 S2000, 1993 EG, 1989 EF Si
Country flag
:postpics:

Camber is the biggest angle that will create uneven tire wear when lowering your CTR.
Generally bad toe will wear tires much faster than camber.

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Can you DM me with your instructions/experience on actually installing them? I've held off modding my suspension for the moment because I'm not 100% sure I'll need camber arms (Eibach pro kit) and I've heard they're a PITA to install if you need them

OP
OP
rajahdat

rajahdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 nevermind
Country flag
Can you DM me with your instructions/experience on actually installing them? I've held off modding my suspension for the moment because I'm not 100% sure I'll need camber arms (Eibach pro kit) and I've heard they're a PITA to install if you need them
pm sent

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
SPC Rear camber arm part #67476

When altering your vehicle ride height, it goes 2 ways. Raising the vehicle causes the suspension/wheels to “tilt” inwards to the vehicle center, but for most of CTR owners, we will lower the suspension height causing the suspension/wheels to tilt outward of the vehicle centerlines.

Doing this causes the majority of the suspension geometry aka “angles” to go out of the OEM specifications. Being blunt you will not get “All” of your suspension angles back into that green zone you normally get when given the alignment print out of before and after with stock suspension arms. This review is only based on correcting the rear camber, one of many angles in your suspension. Camber is the biggest angle that will create uneven tire wear when lowering your CTR.

SPC rear camber arms are made of forged aluminum. Joints are their own xAxis sealed flex joints, according to SPC “a cross between pillow-ball and rubber bushings.” These arms allow for camber adjustment of a +/- 3.00 degrees over OEM arms. Built into the arms are the most important part for the CTR which is the height sensor mount.

I can say that the forged aluminum is beautiful and the quality is near perfect. If you aren’t a fan of the naked aluminum you can go to Eibach and purchase the same set in black as SPC supplies Eibach just rebranded.
Installation is well… Hard. The left Side will be a pain in the ass, upon removal you will find removing the bolt it will contact the gas tank. I will not get into how to install parts no more as many keyboard commandos have privately messaged me saying how to do it correctly.

After installation, alignment is a must to get the vehicle as close as you can to either OEM specifications or your own custom alignment specs. I’ll let you in on a little secret… the CTR alignment numbers are the same as a regular Civic in the same model year. With my contacts at the dealership, I heard it myself when he called Honda’s hotline to get the CTR specs.

The SPC rear camber arms have done what I wanted to get the rear camber to where I wanted, not causing excessive wear on the tires for the left/right rear. In 4 months, I have not had any issue with noise or it holding the rear camber in the set angle. The height sensor mount also allows the ADS to function without giving a malfunction light. Cost on average is $190 per side so $380 to have the rear arms.

47692955_342014546392795_2965692466730880841_n.jpg
So do you like them and suggest them? I feel like this wasn't a review as much as just you explaining what they are. The explanation is appreciated but I came to this thread more for a product analysis rather than a lesson on what camber arms are and do. What were the alignment numbers before install? What was your goal? What did your alignment numbers end up being? Why can't you share the installation instructions with the rest of the world? I am not trying to hate at all but I see a lot of words in your OP but I didn't learn much of what I already know. Did you take any pictures during install? Not even one pic of your car, just a fancy angle on the product alone. I appreciate what you did but I need more man.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
I got these installed yesterday along with the HardRace ball joints, hopefully they did a good job with the alignment lol

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i've had them ever since it was released. installation wasn't too hard (aside from the driver side) for me but you might need some thin tools to get to the one on the driver side because of the fuel tank. The bolt didn't contact the gas tank on mine and a friends so it came out fine but we did need to use some fancy wrenches my friend had.

alignment is easy to adjust and i recommend them. After lowering on swifts, i was at -2.2 and i dialed them back down to -2.0 with a lot more adjustments to go.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
thx for the review. "keyboard commandos" :rofl: I say you just post your instructions and ignore what they say. I always like reading different way of doing things. I don't think we have that much of a choice for rear camber. SPC Camber arm and Hardrace. Maybe there's others?
Sponsored