SPC Camber arms installation - uneven ride height?

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hey all. 2020 Civic Si, Pro Kit springs. I installed the SPC camber arms today following instructions, and my rear driver side sits about 1/2” higher than before.

I drove for about an hour on the highway after, so it doesn’t strike me as a settling issue. Any ideas? Thank you.
Sponsored

OP
OP
twiggy.ziggy

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Hmm. Get an alignment?

Otherwise, match the rear DS to the rear PS, I'd say, if you want the DS a tad lower to match.
Yeah I definitely plan to get an alignment this week, hoping that helps or the shop can take a look. I wasn’t able to match the rear camber 100%, but it’s close. Also I’m just not sure there is enough of a camber discrepancy between the two to cause this type of change - it’s just straight up higher.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I definitely plan to get an alignment this week, hoping that helps or the shop can take a look. I wasn’t able to match the rear camber 100%, but it’s close. Also I’m just not sure there is enough of a camber discrepancy between the two to cause this type of change - it’s just straight up higher.
For sure. For a half-inch, the only other thing I can think of is that something is not seated correctly when you re-installed everything.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed. I don’t think this would have affected the spring perch though..
Right. The only way is if the arms are waaaaay off, which seems odd.

OP
OP
twiggy.ziggy

twiggy.ziggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FC3
Country flag
Just an update - I think I discovered the issue. Despite thinking they were installed right (I did the passenger side, my cousin did the driver side) it sounds like the driver side wasn’t tightened down with the suspension loaded. I’m assuming (I don’t have a means to check as it was put on not at my house) that the bolts being tightened without load is causing that side to hang up a bit. I’m going in for an alignment next week and am hoping the shop will also reinstall that side for me. I feel silly, but this is how you learn I guess. Don’t be like me.
Sponsored