jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
So just got the SPC camber arms installed.

First the superficial comments:

These look like single piece CNC milled, so they’re stronger looking and really nice to look at. Not painted. Aluminum I believe.

The hardrace samples I looked at for various cars looked like it had welds on it. I felt that was a negative regarding strength or longevity. Also they’re painted so you risk the paint deteriorating in time.

Factory looks like multiple layers of stamped steel welded together. They’re really heavy too.

The SPC arms are also part of the Eibach package.

Buuuut, they’re all hidden underneath so... superficial.

Install:

Had a shop do it. They didn’t have to drop the subframe or gas tank when installing.

I asked to dial in my camber to slightly less than stock. -1 exact in the rear. The factory specs have a very wide range and my tires could wear a tad bit better. Obviously having the adjustment makes things easy. I am much more confident in doing suspension next year and won’t be worrying about camber.

Note: new factory bushings are hardcore. I don’t see how you can get stiffer. If your getting hardrace then I’d say skip the rubber bushings for the pillow ball ones.

Ride:

No difference in ride quality. Just that now camber is adjustable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wEaK Squad

*ATL*
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CBP FK8
Country flag
Installing mine tomorrow morning! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I agree with most, but the hard race arms are strong, the welds shouldnt deter you from getting them. I will say the design and material choice of Eibach/SPC are better, lighter, etc. Also the rubber bushing on this car are actually really soft, alot of deflection. I switch many of mind to Spherical with plans to do the rest end of this year and the difference is better than many other cars I have switched from rubber bushings
Ya, I’m not sure how long it takes for the rubber to break in, but brand spanking new are stiffish - and I like it like that. So can’t see me wanting it being softer after breaking in.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
I owned hardrace products before the paint they use is pretty good it holds up well.
As for their solid bushings they are also very well designed with a dust boot and a rubber isolator to help reduce harshness

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Out of curiosity what made you do these if you didn’t want more camber? Just to run less camber? Toe is what really kills tires

Not trying to be mean genuinely curious

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
Out of curiosity what made you do these if you didn’t want more camber? Just to run less camber? Toe is what really kills tires

Not trying to be mean genuinely curious
Going coil overs next year. Got what I could get done this year.

(This is not my daily, and will be in the garage in the winter)

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Going coil overs next year. Got what I could get done this year.

(This is not my daily, and will be in the garage in the winter)
I’m going to do the same like you and wait to install coilovers on the car next year, gotta see what other companies come out with. I already have lowering springs, the spc rear camber kit, and whiteline rear toe kit ready to be installed.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Ahh so that was your car I saw on a certain shop's instagram page. I work nearby with a CW so you may see me rolling around there / at that shop.

What coil overs will you be going with? And are you planning to track the car?

OP
OP

jasonjm

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type-R
Country flag
I don’t see my red one on it :)

But regarding suspension I really like the GC units, to make use of the existing adaptive suspension but need to get a different spring made and address the spring cone (centering) issue. As well as finding the right helper spring. Else will look at something else. Right now I feel the choice is limited.

Would really like a kw ddc otherwise.

I plan on tracking and making the most with the car with minimal power adders. Would rather focus on cooling and suspension first. My idea of fun is finding that right balance of smooth driving longevity rather than time attacks.

As time goes on I’m sure things will change.
Sponsored