Spark when reconnecting battery negative terminal

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Following instructions, I have been disconnecting the battery negative terminal when doing some work on the Civic Si. Then when I reconnect it, I am surprised by the power of the spark. What is drawing all that current when the car is turned off? Is there something that can be done to prevent that spark?
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Following instructions, I have been disconnecting the battery negative terminal when doing some work on the Civic Si. Then when I reconnect it, I am surprised by the power of the spark. What is drawing all that current when the car is turned off? Is there something that can be done to prevent that spark?
It’s normal occurrence , happens most of the time when reconnecting battery terminals. There are always some stuff that are constantly on that will not drain the battery (unless not driven for prolong periods of time...that’s why the battery dies if not driven), but still receive constant power

Last edited:
Reactions: 077

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
There are so many electronic components in cars today. Some are on all the time, like the remote keyfob receiver. Others come on for a while and then turn off, like the Bluetooth receiver, etc.
Sponsored