das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Canadians (my Si included) get a few bonuses and one of them is a spare. You do lose a couple inches of trunk depth, however, compared to the patch kit. We also get heated front and rear seats, which I’ve heard is different.
I guess advertised trunk space is a higher priority for USA cars than a spare tire
Sponsored

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I had a blow out this past Saturday at midnight. Dealer put a new tire on it due to my getting the tire package. I asked about a spare and they told me no spare would work. Guess I'll have to buy my own vs hondas offerings if I want to drive the car longer distance.
no spare would work? obviously incorrect since they sell the car with spare tire in different markets.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
no spare would work? obviously incorrect since they sell the car with spare tire in different markets.
Yeah, I asked the service guy if the regular spare from a lower trim would work ( I know front brakes are bigger but was asking him anyway) he said the Si and CTR have special wheels and tires that have to be on the car or it will throw off a abs code. Wth, lol, trying not to laught was hard. I'll find a spare one day, maybe a wreaked Si if I get lucky.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Yeah, I asked the service guy if the regular spare from a lower trim would work ( I know front brakes are bigger but was asking him anyway) he said the Si and CTR have special wheels and tires that have to be on the car or it will throw off a abs code. Wth, lol, trying not to laught was hard. I'll find a spare one day, maybe a wreaked Si if I get lucky.
I dream of a day when dealers will say, "I'm really not sure, but I'll see if I can find out" instead of uncontrollably spewing lies and ignorance to make themselves feel important.

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea just say hey I’m not sure.. lol, Just move a rear tire to the front and put the spare on the back. I think that’s what the CA manual suggests anyway due to the LSD.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Yea just say hey I’m not sure.. lol, Just move a rear tire to the front and put the spare on the back. I think that’s what the CA manual suggests anyway due to the LSD.
Didn't think of that. My old grand Cherokee had the quadra drive, all tires had to be withing a certain diameter or it would screw with the 3 limited slips in the awd system.

OP
OP
4drsiblue

4drsiblue

First Name
Itz_knt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si
I think I’ve heard it all now lol.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Removing my spare tire. Don’t want the extra weight, however negligible. Also I’ve never changed a wheel in my life, don’t imagine I’ll start with the Si. If I get a flat, I’m calling Honda roadside or my auto club

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Removing my spare tire. Don’t want the extra weight, however negligible. Also I’ve never changed a wheel in my life, don’t imagine I’ll start with the Si. If I get a flat, I’m calling Honda roadside or my auto club
Well for my job... i would not have time to wait for a tow and tire fix, really need a spare to ensure i can get to appointments on time.

SilverXHatch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Civic X Hatchback EX
Has anyone tested to see if a full size spare could fit in the opening we have in the tunk?
I'm very interested to know this too. "do-nut" spares are just nearly worthless in my book. Last time I put my spare on my Kia Optima, I was so busy I had to go like a week until I had time to have the torn tire replaced. Can't do that with a do-nut.

sesty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I mean a full size spare will totally fit in the trunk. Just not in same space as the spare and still fit under the carpet
Sponsored