Spare Tire kit Install 2017 Honda Civic Si sedan

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, 2013 Honda Odysessy
Country flag
Here is the trunk retrofit kit for the Si to allow for a proper spare tire to be installed. I got the tire and tools thrown in by dealer at purchase, and ordered the floor mat, spacers, etc for $200. from www.hondapartsnetwork.com Honda Superstore In Lisle, Illinois. Fits fine, cheesy solution by Honda, but serves it purpose.

Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
It almost seems like there's enough room to put the jack and tools on the side next to the spare. Maybe wrap in towels or bubble wrap to limit noise and movement.

Thanks for the vid.

OP
OP

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes plenty of extra room in there, I already loaded it with my normal extra items, flares, towels, flashlight, etc. Not too bad overall, at least its an option to put it in there!

Take care all-

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Looks a lot like the spare tire and cover that comes stock in our Sport/Sport Touring hatchbacks, except...

We didn't get the foam side storage compartments;
Our cover's end pieces (the "wings") are supported by foam blocks glued to their undersides.

I think our tool holder fits into the spare wheel more securely, but I'd have to go look again.

I like those storage pieces on the sides, though. Wonder if they'd fit my car.

OP
OP

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looks a lot like the spare tire and cover that comes stock in our Sport/Sport Touring hatchbacks, except...

We didn't get the foam side storage compartments;
Our cover's end pieces (the "wings") are supported by foam blocks glued to their undersides.

I think our tool holder fits into the spare wheel more securely, but I'd have to go look again.

I like those storage pieces on the sides, though. Wonder if they'd fit my car.
I'm pretty sure the tool kit holder that I got from the dealer is not the right one, it fits fine, but I think there is one that goes in between the tire and trunk opening side that fits better.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion tC
Country flag
Anyway you can provide us the parts number for the wheel lock, trunk mat and foam blocks? Or maybe just screen shot the invoice from hondaparts? I am definitely planning on getting a spare tire and I'm just researching my options here. Thanks

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Thanks so much for sharing that, @bigoldglock. Makes me really think about whether I should just get the donut spare with the foam insert (with the jack in it) and just keep it in the trunk, instead of going the "proper" route and raising the trunk floor... :hmm: Definitely a couple of serious advantages to that.

OP
OP

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do you happen to know which parts they ordered?

This is what the foam SHOULD look like
http://www.civicx.com/threads/si-on-the-track.12219/#post-223482

You have a coupe and that is different spare layout then sedan. Mine is correct for the sedan.

This is the correct American item parts number, it is not ecxctly the same as whats in the Canadian version im sure. Maybe someone will drive over the boarder and get Canadian spec parts, because it is much nicer looking! Here is the direct site for the American parts,
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...-MAX-004-Temporary-Tire-T125-70D17-98M-Maxxis

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Without the foam tool tray, how much did the tire stick up from the bottom of the trunk (the metal part). Put it another way, how much wider is the tire compared to the depth of the tire well? I'm wondering if it's only like an inch or two, then maybe get some insulation foam from a home improvement center and then cut to fit? And put the tools by the sides of the tire?

OP
OP

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Prettu high, 3-4 inches needed for clearance

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
This is the correct American item parts number, it is not ecxctly the same as whats in the Canadian version im sure. Maybe someone will drive over the boarder and get Canadian spec parts, because it is much nicer looking! Here is the direct site for the American parts,
http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9...-MAX-004-Temporary-Tire-T125-70D17-98M-Maxxis
Thought that was strange as well; the spacers shown in the above link (hondapartsnetwork) look exactly like the ones in the Canadian model (according to that pic from the other thread), but yours look different... :confused:

OP
OP

bigoldglock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thought that was strange as well; the spacers shown in the above link (hondapartsnetwork) look exactly like the ones in the Canadian model (according to that pic from the other thread), but yours look different... :confused:
Yes im sure the hand drawn pics are different, but the photos from the other thread are from a coupe and are a completely different part number and part then the sedan. I haven't seen anyone post pics if a canadian sedan spare tire yet.

At the end of the day, i have a spare in my trunk for minimal expense and hassle, and im good with that.
Sponsored