Spare Tire for Type R

Zpeedster M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I just got a Acura RL spare tire (rim+tire) from eBay for $80. Then a 2019 Honda Civic Jack Tool set for $50 also from eBay done & done.

Hi everyone,

Just my experience regarding the spare tire issue.

I too was looking for a cheap solution like getting a scrap yard tire from a Caddy or wishing I kept my old Odyssey spare to see if it would fit, etc., etc... Would have to hunt it down, trial fit, get jack, etc... No used Type R spare tire kits in my area, too expensive to ship one, blah, blah, blah. Don’t wanna be one of the guys on the side of the road waiting for a tow because I don’t have a spare. Massachusetts isn’t known for their nice roads.

Called the Dealership where I got my CTR and the price for the wheel kit was $240 and tire $165. Another dealer wanted $253 for the wheel kit and I though they being the biggest Honda dealer in the area would be cheapest but they were the most expensive. (Neither are Honda eStore dealerships.)

From an earlier post there was a Honda eStore link to the spare tire kit then from there I found the search tool for the Honda eStore and found a dealer close to me that offered a better price on the Wheel kit and they are ordering the tire and will coordinate mounting the tire with the service department when it comes in. I think all the eStore dealers have the same price? No hassle of ordering from an online tire place then having to bring the tire to get mounted and stuff.

Cambridge Honda (Cambridge, MA)
Wheel kit $193
Spare tire. $163

Found a 10% off coupon from another dealer they accepted. Might be able to get a discount without a coupon if you ask nicely. The parts guy seemed pretty easy about adjusting the price if only 10%.

Total of parts $320 after 10% discount

Link to eStore zip code search:

https://estore.honda.com/honda/part...asp?m=2018-civic-5-type-r-touring-6mt&b=BOP10
Sponsored

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I just got a Acura RL spare tire (rim+tire) from eBay for $80. Then a 2019 Honda Civic Jack Tool set for $50 also from eBay done & done.
can you post a pic of it mounted

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Here is the part number I have 2020 so I looked up 2020 i am assuming it will be the same, you have to buy the tire separately you can get that from tire rack cheaper faster shipping. I would not buy the part online since the shipping is expensive and takes forever
The tire size is T125/70R18 Continental
The part number includes everything alsoI have been tool that the type R trunk cover will not work with this setup since it is a bit raised therefore the part includes spare tire cover

Attachments

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Part numbers and dimensions for the spare wheel and tire?
Here is the part number I have 2020 so I looked up 2020 i am assuming it will be the same, you have to buy the tire separately you can get that from tire rack cheaper faster shipping. I would not buy the part online since the shipping is expensive and takes forever
The tire size is T125/70R18 Continental
The part number includes everything alsoI have been tool that the type R trunk cover will not work with this setup since it is a bit raised therefore the part includes spare tire cover
SPARE TIRE KIT P/N 06421-TGH-A32ZA
Tire sold Separately
here is the link for the tire
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...7M8CST17&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

martindtjr

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Vehicle(s)
TYPE R 19, Sienna XLE15, Xa 06, Camry 92
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
That’s a nice price for that spare. Most I’ve seen are selling for more.

I wanted to keep it all factory CTR though. If it was a regular Civic I would’ve gone the route of an cheaper alternative spare.

Does that 17” rim clear the Brembos? Sorry, I know a few people have asked. Just curious. I know someone put a 2017 Ridgeline donut on their CTR and that’s a 17” rim as well but they dont mention about it on the front.

Last edited:

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Also something weird. I have a different part number???

06421-TGH-A13ZA

Is it supposed to come with the emergency nozzle?

This website shows the emergency nozzle, part number 2 in the picture but it’s odd that the emergency nozzle is the only part not listed separately? Is it an old picture and the new kit doesn’t come with it? Weird...

https://parts.sonshonda.com/showassembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1892757&ukey_make=988&ukey_model=13654

Did other people get the emergency nozzle with their kit?

Guess it doesn’t matter as the car comes with one any way.

Thanks!

https://parts.sonshonda.com/showassembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1892757&ukey_make=988&ukey_model=13654

Last edited:

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Also something weird. I have a different part number???

06421-TGH-A13ZA

Is it supposed to come with the emergency nozzle?

This website shows the emergency nozzle, part number 2 in the picture but it’s odd that the emergency nozzle is the only part not listed separately? Is it an old picture and the new kit doesn’t come with it? Weird...

Did other people get the emergency nozzle with their kit?

Guess it doesn’t matter as the car comes with one any way.

Thanks!

The part number i have is from the Honda Tech Manual paid subscription

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The part number i have is from the Honda Tech Manual paid subscription
Yeah, the number you stated is the number I was familiar with. Not until I got home with my stuff did I notice the stock number on the invoice. The fur that ordered was the parts department manager so he should know what he’s doing...should, hahhah! An internet search shows it’s a Type R spare. Don’t know why the different numbers.

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Yeah, the number you stated is the number I was familiar with. Not until I got home with my stuff did I notice the stock number on the invoice. The fur that ordered was the parts department manager so he should know what he’s doing...should, hahhah! An internet search shows it’s a Type R spare. Don’t know why the different numbers.
Well as long as it works . I know there are two part numbers online

JoYu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type R
Country flag
Does that 17” rim clear the Brembos? Sorry, I know a few people have asked. Just curious. I know someone put a 2017 Ridgeline donut on their CTR and that’s a 17” rim as well but they dont mention about it on the front.
You should not have a spare on the front anyways. You should put the spare on the rear and move the rear tire forward because the car has a LSD on the front.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
On the parts website I see one that is listed as 06421-TGH-A13ZA
Sponsored