Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
Has someone tested if this spare wheel fits on the CTR's wheel studs? Again, the studs and associated lug nuts are bigger than standard Civic so y'all might be wasting money on the steel donut wheel.
There is a post somewhere in a thread where the fit was checked. It fit on both front and back. The front was super close but the wheel turned without hitting anything.
Sponsored

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Spare tire info from the UK

SnagIt594aa7.jpg
I assume that this dummy spare tire is not speed rated so it’s only value is to go a few miles at low speed to see if someone has a real tire. The chance of that is slim and none. I now have 5 OEM wheels and 5 after market winter wheels. It may be a pain but I take a spare wheel if I travel far.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Good rule of thumb for all donut spares is 50 mph max up to 50 miles before you need to get a standard wheel/tire back on your vehicle.

Pogi R

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 PMM Type R #00153
Country flag
Where did you guys place the jack for the spare? I tried to wedge it between the tire and the back but it didn’t fit, so I pit it inside the side panel that holds the funnel. I just hope it doesn’t make a metal to metal clanking sound when I hit bumps.

Cyoda

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Tundra CrewMax
Country flag
Where did you guys place the jack for the spare? I tried to wedge it between the tire and the back but it didn’t fit, so I pit it inside the side panel that holds the funnel. I just hope it doesn’t make a metal to metal clanking sound when I hit bumps.
I put mine in the side storage area. I cut a small piece from the rubber pads that are provided and placed it on the top of the jack to help eliminate any noise. (the ones that go under the spare) It will also help to cushion the jack against the underside of the car if I have to use the jack.

I’m looking for a thin rubber piece to put between the jack base and the jack holding flange.

Did you notice where the rubber pads go.... that the front one has a smaller flat area to put the pad? “Snip snip”

thisguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler 4D, 1978 Honda Hawk
Country flag
It would be nice if Honda released a trunk tray/mat that fit with the heightened spare cover.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I bought a single wheel at huge discount + PS4S = $360.

Full size : No speed limit.

Dinosaur

First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I put mine in the side storage area. I cut a small piece from the rubber pads that are provided and placed it on the top of the jack to help eliminate any noise. (the ones that go under the spare) It will also help to cushion the jack against the underside of the car if I have to use the jack.

I’m looking for a thin rubber piece to put between the jack base and the jack holding flange.

Did you notice where the rubber pads go.... that the front one has a smaller flat area to put the pad? “Snip snip”

Would you mind posting pictures of how you did yours? Thank you appreciate it :)

rich33

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR CW
Country flag
Hi: Anyone know if the Civic SI spare tire kit will work ok with the Type R?. The spare is
a 17" size.

Thanks

Jusjil0824

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Country flag
I want the kit that comes in that bag and sits atop the spare. I got the tool kit on the side of the trunk "that jingles" but would rather have the one "that folds" in that bag (that was a money reference, proceed 2 chuckle) the small tools hurt mah bones and bigger is better when it comes to tools in terms of how they execute.

CAN SOMEONE HOOK ME UP WITH JUST THE TOOL KIT? DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME...
Can you hook me up to
Sponsored