Spare Tire for Type R

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Does a regular hatch spare work? ST Hatch for example?
No, different bolt pattern. 5x114.5 for ST hatch vs 5x120 for Type R.
Sponsored

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Sweet... thanks for sharing, also interested in the part number on the invoice that you were billed out. Hope to order mine soon after :)
Be sure to add pics for everyone once you get it mounted/balanced and then everything setup inside the car.

lazergyro

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R, 2003 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Country flag
Just curious, all the stuff in the picture came when you ordered the two part numbers, the rim and tire? Also, what was the cost of everything in the picture? Just trying to get an idea how much I'll likely spend to get everything needed to change a flat. Thanks in advance.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R spare R-1

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Something doesnt look right with your order. Why did you buy multiple rim valves. Isnt part order #1 going to include everything you need except the tire?

#1 costs $127.47 then you buy the tire which cost $145

Last edited:

TypeR1105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Just curious anyone out there try this setup out? I also am interested in getting a spare but $1200? Sheesh I thought for that price it’d have the Type R logo on the donut or something lol

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
Just curious anyone out there try this setup out? I also am interested in getting a spare but $1200?
The price is just too much. I have been trying to decide what to do about a spare but I haven't made a decision yet. Unfortunately a full size tire and wheel can not be secured to the frame with the anchor and bolt. The wheel is too wide and the center does not line up with the part where it screws into the frame. Also the tire blocks the trunk from closing so you need to move it about 1" away. I doubt a 18" wheel with low profile tire would fit unless it was thin enough to not block the door. 18x7.5 is the thinnest I have seen and is probably still too wide.
Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.23.14 AM

Here are the possible options:

$1200 spare with mounted and balanced tire, kit with jack etc. Secured safely using anchor and bolt.

Spare tire from Ridgeline. I saw on the forum that it will fit on the rear but not the front. However the size is 165/90R17 and has a diameter of 28.7" (OEM Type R tire has 25.8" diameter) so it can't be secured using the anchor and bolt. Price unknown (didn't look).

Buy cheapest 18" wheel on-sale from TireRack with cheapest tire mounted. Total price around ~$180. Secure using ratcheting tie downs. There are 2 latches attached to the frame in the rear of the trunk and they would be the strongest. On my car they are red so they are probably painted the same color as the car. There are also 2 more latches used for connecting the cargo net. These are plastic and screwed into the frame so I wouldn't expect the to hold up in a crash. Would the 2 latches welded the frame and ratcheting tie downs survive getting rear-ended and prevent the tire from flying forward?

RatedR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Integra GS-R (sold). 2000 Integra Type R (sold). 2017 Civic Type R.
Country flag
The NSX front wheel is $576.10, no spare like the CTR.

19x8.5" part number: 44700-T6N-A01
I love that Y-Spoke wheel. Do we know the weight of it or the offset?

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
I got the lowest trim known to man, the "mighty" LX Hatch and guess wtf mf, I got a perfect spare with tool kit chillin under the hatch trunk. (I know what you're thinking, "wait a minute, mf")

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
I love that Y-Spoke wheel. Do we know the weight of it or the offset?
The HART guys ran an NSX at Nationals, Chi Town Brat and I talked to them about the front wheel fitment but they weren't sure of the specs nor whether they would clear the caliper on a CTR. The only thing I see is this but I question any of the info as the same catalogue shows the CTR wheel at 22lbs...

NSX:

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R upload_2017-9-27_16-1-18

CTR:

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R upload_2017-9-27_16-3-11

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I think it’ll be very difficult to find a used set of front NSX wheels. They’re 2k+ brand new. Rather buy a set of aftermarket at that point.
Sponsored