Spare Tire for Type R

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
This kit adds a net weight of +33 lbs. My next thing is light weight battery to offset the weight I added:cool:
I do like the fact that I am a skinnier person so I already have the advantage ?
I’m overweight and it’s the day after Thanksgiving. Not going to be racing anyone for a while…

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
Sweet... thanks for sharing, also interested in the part number on the invoice that you were billed out. Hope to order mine soon after :)
Looks like mine except no rubber. Had to buy that separate!

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type-R, 2023 Indian Sport Chief
Country flag
Got mine today, still need to get the tire for the wheel, only thing I found is the right flap of the board doesn't exactly fit. Guessing it's for cars without the "subwoofer" in the trunk? I'll look again later to see if I need to trim it or just cut it off.

First Name
Hong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DC5, FK8, GE8, GK5
Country flag
Got mine today, still need to get the tire for the wheel, only thing I found is the right flap of the board doesn't exactly fit. Guessing it's for cars without the "subwoofer" in the trunk? I'll look again later to see if I need to trim it or just cut it off.
Don't know what you already have and not have, but I got mine for the whole spare kit. Rim, tire, jack, tools, center cap, sticker, new floor lids, etc. Here's my video...Good luck bro.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't know what you already have and not have, but I got mine for the whole spare kit. Rim, tire, jack, tools, center cap, sticker, new floor lids, etc. Here's my video...Good luck bro.

Same kit, albeit the updated P/N: 06421-TGH-A03ZA:

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R 20230318_115700

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R 20230318_115714

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R 20230318_115734

Guessing since the car is out of production the board piece is meant to cover all hatchbacks. Nothing a Dremel can't fix. Figure I'll just cut the bit off up to the foam brick, should be grand. Got the tire today so I'll have it mounted and whatnot on Monday.

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you have a flat always manage to move the spare to the rear, if you don’t the difference in circumference between stock and spare will wear a lot on the differential.

unholy79

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you have a flat always manage to move the spare to the rear, if you don’t the difference in circumference between stock and spare will wear a lot on the differential.
Same process on the Civic Si IIRC, I had a 2018 before I got this.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
Does anyone know if this will work for a 10th gen sedan?

si@vegas

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Does anyone know if this will work for a 10th gen sedan?
It will not due to the different lug pattern and spare size. There should be a specific spare wheel kit for the regular sedan (I had one for my 2019 si coupe, and it was specific for it).

atikovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Country flag
Has anyone tried a large spare tire from say an MDX or other Honda Acura model with 5x120mm bolt pattern? I should have read this thread before buying this for $50,

Honda Civic 10th gen Spare Tire for Type R civic spare

but now I only need the spare tire.

atikovi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight
Country flag
How would this be any different from any other FWD car out there? In my area, there isn't a straight stretch of road more than a few hundred feet long so right and left wheels are almost always spinning at a different speeds. That's what a diff is for.
Sponsored