First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI Sedan, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Country flag
Howdy South Floridasters,

I'm looking for a tint place. I'm not looking to limo tint my car, I want to stay under the radar, but a nice tint to lower the temps inside the car would be nice for me (and the kid). I've been to tint places before many years ago and they ended up damaging the vehicle (mostly the defrost sensors)...

I'm looking for a place that will treat your car with respect. Also bottom dollar is not my goal, if the quality is good, I'm willing to pay the extra to make sure they don't damage the car or scratch anything...

Does anyone have a good recommendation, or have experience with a good place that could use some business?
Also, if you go into a tint place, anything you should do before hand (photos, or walkaround) to kind of emphasize, "Please don't mess up my car"?

Thank you kindly y'all
Sponsored

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
I have an appointment this Saturday at Tint King in West Palm. I'm getting 30% ceramic so I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
skottharrison

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have an appointment this Saturday at Tint King in West Palm. I'm getting 30% ceramic so I'll let you know how it goes.
I appreciate it. any ballpark pricing?

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
They quoted me $309, but I had to explain I had a ctr so I'm not sure if that's the right price. I read on another thread some shops take off the spoiler, but some don't so we'll see what happens when I go in.

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Just got finished getting my tint installed by Tint King. I went with ceramic tint - LLumar Formula One Pinnacle in 30%. Final price after taxes came out to be $287.

There are a couple air bubbles with some small dust specs, but I'm under the impression they will go away after it settles for a couple days. I park in a parking garage so the owner recommended waiting at least 3 days minimum before using the windows.

Quick comparison shot below - stock no tint vs 30%

Honda Civic 10th gen South Florida/PBC Tint Capture.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen South Florida/PBC Tint 1.JPG

OP
OP
skottharrison

skottharrison

First Name
Skott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you notice if they damaged/scratched anything during install?
I've had bad experiences with cars coming back in a worse condition...

Jebuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CBP Type R
Country flag
Nope I looked over all my trim and everything looks good. I'm just worried about the bubbles, but I'll see if they're still there in a couple days.
Sponsored