godsmacksully

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R, Ford Focus, Honda CBR500
Country flag
yeaterday I noticed a sound when I was coming to a stop that sounded like I ran over a piece of sheet metal. Only heard it once. Then the next day I heard it again. I actually got out to see if I ran something over. It sounded like it was coming from the front. Well then today I closed the hatch and it sounded like the same kind of rattle but coming from the back of the car.
Sponsored

OP
OP
godsmacksully

godsmacksully

First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R, Ford Focus, Honda CBR500
Country flag
It happened again as I was pulling into my garage tonight. Slightly turning the wheel and breaking to pull up a hill. Sounded like a grinding clip or spring or something like that

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could also be a brake pad squealer if your pads are due for replacing, front ones always go first.

fiend busa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the exact same issue! It's hard to reproduce though as it occurs randomly

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tap your brake dust shields. Sometimes rocks and gravel get caught in there and rub against the rotor and shield. Easy fix.

R4T3DCTR

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have this exact same issue, currently 10,000km on my CTR. The odd stop at a stop sign or slowing down a random metal panging happens. I have contacted Honda about the issue and they have never heard of such thing, and I cannot seem to reproduce the noise on command. I took the skid plate off underneath the car noticed a lot of debris and rock. However there does not seem to be any signs of wear on the oil pan or surrounding components. So, my guess would be is its probably rocks rolling around and striking metal, but I agree the first time I heard the noise I thought the worst.

TheSnakeJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR
Country flag
this is definitely a rock stuck behind the brake shield. i have one right now also...

CW20038TypeR

First Name
Franklin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW type r 2018
Country flag
I had this before too

sounds like a spring unwounded Releasing its energy and makes like a twaaaang sound

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
yeaterday I noticed a sound when I was coming to a stop that sounded like I ran over a piece of sheet metal. Only heard it once. Then the next day I heard it again. I actually got out to see if I ran something over. It sounded like it was coming from the front. Well then today I closed the hatch and it sounded like the same kind of rattle but coming from the back of the car.
I searched the forum for this very issue. I have a new 2019 CTR (December 2019). From the beginning, I have noticed a very occasional rotational "twang" sound when nearing a stop. Definitely from the front end and likely from the front right. Once it does it, it won't do it again for a while, so it's extremely hard to drill down exactly what it is. I put it up on ramps last week for the first time and couldn't see anything abnormal, even with skid plate removed. If I "flick" the brake shield (pull on it slightly and release it), it sounds exactly like the sound heard from in the car. I'm guessing this has something to do with a caliper sticking or grabbing the shield?
Has anyone from this thread found a solution? Thanks!

alvav

First Name
Leonidas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2019 Acura NSX
Definitely a rock in brake shield. Makes all sorts of weird sounds that you would swear could not possibly be caused by this (screeching, twangs, spring pops, etc) but, when the rock was removed, all sounds stopped.

BOOYA

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Definitely a rock in brake shield. Makes all sorts of weird sounds that you would swear could not possibly be caused by this (screeching, twangs, spring pops, etc) but, when the rock was removed, all sounds stopped.
Do you have to remove the wheel to get that out? I pulled on the shield all the way around it and am just waiting to hear it again. That was only a few days ago.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Happened to be like twice definitely rocks in the breaks clear it up and no more crazy break sounds these sticky tires pickup rocks and some they find there way in between the brake shield and disc .
Sponsored