Sound System Ideas?

blondepowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Coupe EX-T
Hey all,

First post here. I'm the owner of a new 2018 EX-T Coupe and looking for ideas to improve my stereo.

I was wondering if ya'll could post what sound system setups you have done with your Civics?
Did anyone have to upgrade their battery?
Has anyone been able to tap their system into the stock head unit? Or did you have to replace?
Did anyone rip out those annoying rattling speakers in the back? Or figure out a way to make them stop? (I brought it to the dealer, they put foam around it, and they still rattle.)

If anyone has advice for me, I'm working with what I could salvage from my previous car ('08 Scion tC). I have one 10" low-profile subwoofer and two 6x9s (all Pioneer). Unfortunately, my head unit, amps and cap were not salvageable. I'm considering ripping out the stock speakers in the back and leaving holes for my sub to breathe through from the trunk (if there's no better option). It's been years since I had my stereo and I'm ready to build another one!

Thanks in advance everyone!
-Blondie
Sponsored

Last edited:

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
Yesterday i installed my 12" kenwood KFC 3013-PS and Alpine M500. LOC is installed by stripping the rear speaker wires (not cutting) behind the headunit and soldering them to the LOC wires. Power wire is run through the large grommet at the fire wall (most tedious part imo). Ground is run to the factory ground you see when you pop off the inner "sill" in the trunk.
This sub is too much for this tinny stock system but finally hearing those lows and being loud again has made me happy AF:headbang:

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
I'm considering ripping out the stock speakers in the back and leaving holes for my sub to breathe through from the trunk (if there's no better option). It's been years since I had my stereo and I'm ready to build another one!
I don't have a system yet, but I always remove the rear deck speakers and just run the fronts. Especially in a Coupe.
Sponsored