Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
  • Banned
what yall use for sound deadening? I was looking at dynamat and the dei spray stuff.
not sure on thickness and such.
Sponsored

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I used Kilmat 80 mils from Amazon. 18 sqft for $30. Used it in my trunk floor after modifying my exhaust. Helped with resonance. The trunk floor is not reinforced very well and acts like a woofer. Had to add 4 layers to mellow it out.

VTecYoSelfB4UWreckYoSelf

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Country flag
I used Kilmat 80 mils from Amazon. 18 sqft for $30. Used it in my trunk floor after modifying my exhaust. Helped with resonance. The trunk floor is not reinforced very well and acts like a woofer. Had to add 4 layers to mellow it out.
I used the same stuff, easy to install but didn't notice any difference.

Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Depends on what you are using it for, and how much mass you have to add to change the resonant frequency. Are you doing doors or trunk like I did? I had to use 4-layers for the thickness of these mats to make a difference. Even then, the trunk is so flimsy, the Flowmaster mufflers I have are pretty low frequency. The trunk is acting like a passive woofer.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Awhile back I did my spare tire tray and trunk with XXX Rattle Trap. I had the remainder of a roll for literally years (like over 10 now) in my Mom's basement. Back in 07 when I was a high schooler I had a big stereo in my car at the time and used this stuff for on every inch of exposed metal I could find.

After DP/FP and Invidia Q300 the highway drone was starting to get to me and I realized the trunk is completely bare with nothing insulating it from the factory.

Even though this stuff isn't name brand, its sticky, dense, and most importantly, quieted things down at least 50%. 10/10 would recommend.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sound deadening EE0879F7-98BE-459E-80B8-52D066256326

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I also recommend adding a layer of second skin mega zorbe on top to absorb higher frequency sounds.

I used that plus noico sound deadening to drastically cut down noise.
Sponsored