sound deadening - any easy solutions?

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Are there any simple solutions out there to help sound deaden our cars?

I have some sound blocking pads: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company...nd-Deadening-Pad/?N=5002385+3293193969&rt=rud

I have 2 of them and they are 2ft x 3ft... I was going to cut them to the shape of the front floor mats, slightly smaller, and install them underneath...... any thoughts on if this would help any?

If it works I figured I would do the same with the rear floor mats and again under my rear trunk tray....
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On my and your country ( Canada ) with warm and cold weather , these pad may kept moisture and make car panel and floor rust. This is my opinion but I could be wrong .

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
On my and your country ( Canada ) with warm and cold weather , these pad may kept moisture and make car panel and floor rust. This is my opinion but I could be wrong .
It would be between the floor carpet and the floor mats.... I cant see this causing moisture...

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know that there any write-ups on our forums... but I've seen write-ups on doing the fender wells before. It's supposed to help quite a bit with tire noise. Tire noise seems to be the predominate car noise that's undesirable in my Si.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't know that there any write-ups on our forums... but I've seen write-ups on doing the fender wells before. It's supposed to help quite a bit with tire noise. Tire noise seems to be the predominate car noise that's undesirable in my Si.

Yes, tire noise seems to be predominate.
I want to sell original the original and brand new 4 seasons tires Hankook kinergy and buy some Michelin Premier for this summer.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, tire noise seems to be predominate.
I want to sell original the original and brand new 4 seasons tires Hankook kinergy and buy some Michelin Premier for this summer.
I looked back some of the stuff I read up on. Consistently folks were talking up those spray/brush on rubber undercoating products to do the fender wells and had good results. Also, another cheap and easy method was getting the adhesive rubber foam and putting it at the hinge side of the door where it contacts with the fender well to help provide a better barrier.

If you want to test and see where your noise is coming from the floor getting a sound proof blanket and lay it in different spots (trunk, rear and front floorboards) to see what difference it can make. Movers blankets or thick wool ones (like a boot camp blanket if y'all know what I'm talking about) can work.

I've only ever done doors more to improve audio quality than deaden sound. I am thinking of doing something with my fender wells. My car doesn't have much in the way of wind noise, despite it's thin windshield and body panels. Just the tires seem to come through. I'm running the OEM summers.

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
I'm sorry. I came from a WRX, y'all have no idea what road noise is until you've driven one of those on the freeway... this car is quiet as a church mouse to me...
Sponsored