First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
About finished the trunk with 36'sq. Getting another 36' for roof and doors. Sounds solid now.

First night half finished
Honda Civic 10th gen Sound Deadener IMG_20200711_210925

Secure wires before matting over.
Honda Civic 10th gen Sound Deadener IMG_20200712_115735

Tape seams for finish touch
Honda Civic 10th gen Sound Deadener IMG_20200712_171114__01

Honda Civic 10th gen Sound Deadener IMG_20200712_171130

Honda Civic 10th gen Sound Deadener IMG_20200712_171643__01

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dang dude, thats alot of sound deadening material. Definitely going to be super quiet

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
dang dude, thats alot of sound deadening material. Definitely going to be super quiet
100% coverage with 80mil. 36' is supposed to be 25 lbs but I weighed it more like 17.5. Sealed to keep the pressure in and rattles out with the new sub. Also had to remove the spoiler so I capped the holes from inside and deadened over them. Dentless guy flattens the holes Thursday for the wrap over them. Trunk lid sounds solid now.

Last edited:

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 "Clifford" Civic Hatch Sport 6MT, 2015 Civic EX 5MT
Country flag
Nice man! I finished up my 4 doors last week and might start work on the trunk. I put in new speakers and the sound deadening is surprisingly good! I put 80 mil Noico and 150 mil Noico Red over it. How's the sound from the rear?

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh nice. I used siless .80 and had enough to finish trunk and almost finished the lid. Even got inside the lid to make it solid. Haven't installed the amps and sub back in but it sounds solid back there. I used nice foil tape on the seams and although it looks great I'm not going to tape the doors, rear deck, or roof when do that next week. With the rear seats out I heard an aluminum foil noise on a couple big bumps. I'm going to put regular r13 insulation in the trunk lid and giant gap between the fender. There's diaphragm vents that vent out there. There pretty inactive low speed but at 70+ I hear tons of wind through them. The area is welded off in front so i don't know where it's all coming from.

I just purchased another 36' and 36' red after reading your post. If you're going through all the work might as well add the red behind the speakers and on the headliner. Thanks for the tip.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh nice. I used siless .80 and had enough to finish trunk and almost finished the lid. Even got inside the lid to make it solid. Haven't installed the amps and sub back in but it sounds solid back there. I used nice foil tape on the seams and although it looks great I'm not going to tape the doors, rear deck, or roof when do that next week. With the rear seats out I heard an aluminum foil noise on a couple big bumps. I'm going to put regular r13 insulation in the trunk lid and giant gap between the fender. There's diaphragm vents that vent out there. There pretty inactive low speed but at 70+ I hear tons of wind through them. The area is welded off in front so i don't know where it's all coming from.

I just purchased another 36' and 36' red after reading your post. If you're going through all the work might as well add the red behind the speakers and on the headliner. Thanks for the tip.
Glad I could suggest something useful! Was working on the trunk hard? I'm not too comfortable with removing everything but I would love to get to it some day.

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad I could suggest something useful! Was working on the trunk hard? I'm not too comfortable with removing everything but I would love to get to it some day.
Every single trim piece comes out pretty easy in the car. Don't worry a bit. Especially the trunk. Just need a little kit. The headliner seems like it will be the most challenging because you can't actually remove it out the car.

https://www.amazon.com/XBRN-Removal...=1594680131&sprefix=interior+removal+&sr=8-13

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best thing i can say when removing trim.. is when you go to tugging on a piece you know is pop clipped on.. pull on it from as close to the clip you can with your fingers from the back side.. NOT your hand.. if that makes sense... you wanna introduce the littlest amount of bending you can on these plastic interiors. You'll be fine, plus with our cars being relatively new, the plastic is more ply-able vs older cars I'm used to working on where i usually break something every time.

GreaseCrow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

CivicShwags

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag

I recently started using 80mil noico for my doors and trunk. I was looking to sound deadon to quieten the exhaust notes at high rpm (75mph+). I also just purchased the Noico Red because i heard it works better layered on the 80mil for 60hz. There's been a heat wave so I'm being lazy about it but what's your take on the vibration on the inside after having a sub installed? I didn't use as much 80mil as you did but even with 12sq ft installed I'm really disliking the mid range frequencies coming from the sub and speakers with all the sound absorption. It hurts my ears...

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently started using 80mil noico for my doors and trunk. I was looking to sound deadon to quieten the exhaust notes at high rpm (75mph+). I also just purchased the Noico Red because i heard it works better layered on the 80mil for 60hz. There's been a heat wave so I'm being lazy about it but what's your take on the vibration on the inside after having a sub installed? I didn't use as much 80mil as you did but even with 12sq ft installed I'm really disliking the mid range frequencies coming from the sub and speakers with all the sound absorption. It hurts my ears...
I have a bunch of stereo gear and just sold my stereo truck so I threw a pair of sa 12s 4' ported at 32hz on 2kw and it was loud. It buzzes the entire car like a tin can. Mostly the roof and trunk I figured. I used the 36' to cover the trunk. Another 36' and the red just came in to finish. I'm actually going to seal off the two trunk vents, you can see a little bit if one in the pic. With it deadened and the seats off you can hear huge wind at high speed through them and will also loose sound pressure. Im going to 100% cover the roof. Also the rear deck and the doors. Not going to do any of the floor. I saw a YouTube where a guy did 100% floor and only floor. WTH. Over the next 2 weeks a single SA xv2 12 on 2kw is gong in, 3 amps on the amprack 280a alt and finishing up.

Also I notice a thermal insulation big time. The roof is a necessity just because it buzzes so hard but I'm sure it'll provide a great thermal barrier too. I did the battery shield too. The foil tape really made it perfect looking but I wish I wouldn't have because I can hear it sometimes I think. I still haven't put any subs or speakers back in it yet so it's still untested.

CivicShwags

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I have a bunch of stereo gear and just sold my stereo truck so I threw a pair of sa 12s 4' ported at 32hz on 2kw and it was loud. It buzzes the entire car like a tin can. Mostly the roof and trunk I figured. I used the 36' to cover the trunk. Another 36' and the red just came in to finish. I'm actually going to seal off the two trunk vents, you can see a little bit if one in the pic. With it deadened and the seats off you can hear huge wind at high speed through them and will also loose sound pressure. Im going to 100% cover the roof. Also the rear deck and the doors. Not going to do any of the floor. I saw a YouTube where a guy did 100% floor and only floor. WTH. Over the next 2 weeks a single SA xv2 12 on 2kw is gong in, 3 amps on the amprack 280a alt and finishing up.

Also I notice a thermal insulation big time. The roof is a necessity just because it buzzes so hard but I'm sure it'll provide a great thermal barrier too. I did the battery shield too. The foil tape really made it perfect looking but I wish I wouldn't have because I can hear it sometimes I think. I still haven't put any subs or speakers back in it yet so it's still untested.
Did you test and see how the exhaust sounds from the inside at high rpms? I'm tired of not having anyone sit in the back for long periods of time on the highway due to loud exhaust vibrations haha. Though I won't touch the headliner, I hear it can be a pain putting it back if you don't do it correctly.

I'm using a kicker L5 12" sub with kicker door speakers. They sound great but the noico without the red makes it somewhat hard to enjoy the sound. Lemme know how the sound turns out

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you test and see how the exhaust sounds from the inside at high rpms? I'm tired of not having anyone sit in the back for long periods of time on the highway due to loud exhaust vibrations haha. Though I won't touch the headliner, I hear it can be a pain putting it back if you don't do it correctly.

I'm using a kicker L5 12" sub with kicker door speakers. They sound great but the noico without the red makes it somewhat hard to enjoy the sound. Lemme know how the sound turns out
Thanks for the feedback! You think the doors don't sound good because you didn't put the red on top? What info do you have on the headliner because it for sure needs to come off. Is there a thread about it or sobething, I've been trying to find. I'll for sure update the project when I travel back home Sunday. When I work out of country and return they make me take 2 weeks off to work on the car?

CivicShwags

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thanks for the feedback! You think the doors don't sound good because you didn't put the red on top? What info do you have on the headliner because it for sure needs to come off. Is there a thread about it or sobething, I've been trying to find. I'll for sure update the project when I travel back home Sunday. When I work out of country and return they make me take 2 weeks off to work on the car?
I'll put the red on top and let you know! And I can't recall the thread, I honestly looked up sound deadoning 10th gen civic and lots of replies from this site came up so I can't say which thread. Yes please update me on the build! I just want the inside to be damn quiet yet bumpin w/ bass

CivicShwags

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
The best way to describe it is the sound currently gives me tinnitus (or a form of ringing) from the current sound absorption without the red on top. It should do the trick when I finally get around to it. And not a thread i can show you particularly, just from comments I've seen here and there about what an actual pain it is
Sponsored