Sound damping advice

dirtrider216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport Touring, 2006 4Runner (for sale)
Country flag
I am planning to do some sound damping/proofing in my sport touring hatchback. I know that CLP+Foam+MLV is the best way to go, but that isnt in my budget right now. So I am curious as to whether I would be better off doing a 100% coverage of something like noico 80mil on the doors, sides and floor OR doing 25% coverage with noico 80mil and then 80-100% coverage with CCF. My understanding is that the butyl (noico) is a sound dampener, CCF is a sound absorber and MLV is a sound blocker.
So would I be better off with the full coverage of dampening or full coverage of sound absorbing?
Sponsored

OP
OP

dirtrider216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
BUMPING WITH ANOTHER QUESTION
Does anybody know what it takes to remove the headliner so that I would be able to sound deaden the roof as well? My main concern is running into airbags which i dont want to have to mess with removing or re-installing.

Vrait

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic SI
Country flag
I used noico 80 and second skin mega zorbe, and It made quite a big difference but I haven't touched the floor yet. I did all the doors plus the trunk.

I would avoid the headliner, there's too much risk ruining it.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i have noico 80mil and then the green 170mil foam on top of it. using red foam for the roof and floor. 150mil. cant find green anymore. you do not need full coverage like nice rectangles under your door panels. its a waste and gets expensive.

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
oh i will say too i used expanding foam in my hatch and trunk. works great.

OP
OP

dirtrider216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i have noico 80mil and then the green 170mil foam on top of it. using red foam for the roof and floor. 150mil. cant find green anymore. you do not need full coverage like nice rectangles under your door panels. its a waste and gets expensive.
Did you have any Trouble or surprises taking the headliner off? Is it relatively easy to drop it down and put it back up?