SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash.

xaviersayys

Xavier
First Name
Xavier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I was driving home on this highway, and on this part of it that is a very long turn. The person in front of me braked out of nowhere and so I had to (I had a good distance between us but they braked so suddenly I panicked and braked right away too). I started to swerve just a bit and the traction control light started flashing, but because the nature of the highway, and since there were no shoulders, I couldn’t slow down or straighten out so I kept driving with it on. Then a few seconds later I get all of these problem messages on the dash, and they stayed on for a few minutes. Once I pulled off the highway I parked, turned the car off, waited a few moments and then turned the car back on and the messages disappeared.
I only drove two blocks before I got home but it felt alright. I may drive somewhere after I finish working to see how it feels and if the messages pop up again, but now I’m just paranoid I messed Up my car.
Anyone have any ideas of what happened and if my car is alright?

Honda Civic 10th gen SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash. ADFC3084-3C6D-4845-9634-8E6E9DDB6B2A

Honda Civic 10th gen SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash. 1FFDAD40-147B-4EFD-8E5B-97C123F14B94

Honda Civic 10th gen SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash. 9A140215-4B83-48C5-86E5-DF5641C6B8E6

Honda Civic 10th gen SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash. 656AB1E2-EF87-4BAE-98CC-B4BE5BFBECE6

Honda Civic 10th gen SOS! Bunch of problem messages on the dash. 9AAB4A65-6684-421B-82B7-0E3D7E4BA352

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Those messages disappeared so you're golden.

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Ahhh okay. I'm a worry bug. I don't know much mechanically so I'm just paranoid I messed something up, lol.
Basically the ECU was in panic mode cuz it thought you were genuinely gonna hit something. I done something similar when I was doing 60mph and came upon a red light with several stopped cars, the car panicked and lit up like yours

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
It happened to me before, I just started the car up and the dash started going haywire for no apparent reason. Happened to my co worker as well. It went away on its own. Never heard of an ecu going into "panic mode". That sounds made up.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
This seems like potentially another weak battery strikes again.

nota4re

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Treg TDI; F350; Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
Country flag
Your panic braking - assuming the clutch was not in, could very well have temporarily killed the engine. (Car is in gear and your braking literally stops the front wheels momentarily and stalls the engine.) As soon as you let off the brakes... clutch still engaged, the turning of the front wheels essentially bump-starts the engine back into life. However, there was no key-off, key-on sequence so the ECU has likely not completed an ignition-on sequence...... and is very confused.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Your panic braking - assuming the clutch was not in, could very well have temporarily killed the engine. (Car is in gear and your braking literally stops the front wheels momentarily and stalls the engine.) As soon as you let off the brakes... clutch still engaged, the turning of the front wheels essentially bump-starts the engine back into life. However, there was no key-off, key-on sequence so the ECU has likely not completed an ignition-on sequence...... and is very confused.
All very interesting but doesn't apply since the OP has a 2017 EX-T CVT. ;)

nota4re

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Treg TDI; F350; Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
Country flag
LOL yep, people just love to pull shh out of their ass...
What the heck do you push out of yours? (Sry, old age and thought I was in TypeR thread...)