bunbao

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I saw this the other day (yes that is a good on top of the spoiler) so I can appreciate the green Civic (thought it is tacky but more power to the owner)

20180106_161356.jpg
it's so they can enjoy the wind on the roof dude lol
Sponsored

Blindeye_03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR - White
Country flag
The mods this person did to his car look terrible.. All of them, IMO. But guess what? It's not my car, he can do what he wants.

It's also ridiculous people are calling for OP to be fired.

Surprised this isn't locked yet either TBH..

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Whoever says the OP should be fired is being ridiculous. Any person on the street could take pictures of his car and post them online and make fun of it.

What about all the poor celebrities out there having their pictures taken and splashed all over the internet / magazines for people to make fun of them. We don't even know who this person is. If the OP deserves to be fired, then so do all those photographers / magazine and website editors / journalists... Basically the entire media and entertainment industry should be abolished.

This is the world we live in...

X_Gen_Si

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic Si
Country flag
Man, Thanks for the laugh.
That's funny.
But damn why put an Emblem on the sunroof..

sysjl

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2014 Subaru Outback
Country flag
Needs fake side vents, a massive fart can and altezzas. Then I can die happy.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Not that it matters, but every single time I've seen that type of steering wheel cover, it has been installed that way. I cannot imagine being able to thread through the holes tight enough (without them tearing through) to keep it as snug as wrapping it around. If you google image search "old school steering wheel cover"....there are many examples exactly like his...and none that I saw with it threaded and sewn. I'll always like under glow when done right too....as long as it's not crazy bright....I think it really adds to the look
2018_09_11_14_39_06_Settings.png
OH !!! Well, sure looks like a lot of people have just WRAPPED the cord around the steering wheel.
From what I recall of mine, it did not come with any specific Instructions, BUT .. the cord had a Metal Needle attached, and the package emphasized that the product came with its own "Threading Needle".

I had no problems sewing it on, using the outer holes that were already in the cover.

I can see that if you pull the last stitch you did too hard, you could rip the cover, but it is not necessary to pull that hard to get a nice tight stitching, and then it looks like a decent job, and not a bulging sausage !!

You are also 100% correct -- The Si come factory with a decent steering wheel, that feels really good, and non-slip. Why anyone would want to cover it up with a CHEAP tacky Plastic cover is beyond me, unless they are wanting to keep the original one in Mint Condition .. in which case, go the whole way, and keep the car covered up in your garage all the time, never drive it, and thus keep it in "Mint" condition.

To spend $24k odd on a new car, and then put a tacky $15 plastic steering wheel cover on it is bluntly STUPID .... Oooops .. sorry, not allowed to call people STUPID anymore, so better change that to "MENTALLY CHALLENGED" !!

-- Back to sanity .. I can understand why owner may want to "Personalize" their cars, but I see some going to ridiculous extremes in the attempt to One-Up others, or because they think it will "Impress the girls".

Personally, I don't care what they do, ( It's still a "reasonably" Free World ), as long as they do not make their cars, and themselves a danger to others on the road .. in particular ME !!!!

---
Just to be clear .. My Steering wheel cover is wrapped around a 31 year old Maxima Steering wheel, which has become rotted and "sticky" from 31 years of sunshine & UV Light.

If my SO wanted to put one of those covers on our new Si ... well she wouldn't, so no need to think about that !!

Last edited:

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
People, don't forget that this is an Si...
So the car comes with a wrapped & stitched leather wheel already, not some plastic/rubbery one!!

My biggest gripe about this guy, and people that mod like this, is that they do not know when to stop. Just so many little things adding up to an auto fashion faux pas.

To people who think I am not a good person or somehow an evil being for posting this: what if I was another customer taking pics and could not be fired? Huh? What about grocery store mags that make fun of fat, ugly, and fashion-inept people with their face blurred out? Fire the editors? What if I was talking shit to other employees instead of random people on the net? Fire us all? You can't do shit because people think dumb shit is funny and share it. I don't go around doing actually illegal things like posting CPNI or HIPPA info. Piss off.
Don’t even feed the trolls man. People always want to find something to be offended about. That’s how the world is now

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
i 100% respect the dude who owns this si. the reason isbecause hes not afraid to be differnt, and apparently doesnt give a fuck what ppl think about his car.

everyone does the same shit over and over to their si --the red emblems, the splitter, the side skirts, tint, lower. it all starts looking like same...

his car gives brings back memories of the good old days in the mid to late 90s to early 00s when ppl were using body kits, aftermarket wings, etc., trying to stand out from each other, while getting called ricer/rice burner and shit from the idiot muscle car douches.

damn i miss those years.

Reactions: Yal

Yal

New to the brand
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Exactly my thoughts. At least it's unique.

I drive a Steel Grey sedan, mine will never stand out without some real creative work.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i 100% respect the dude who owns this si. the reason isbecause hes not afraid to be differnt, and apparently doesnt give a fuck what ppl think about his car.

everyone does the same shit over and over to their si --the red emblems, the splitter, the side skirts, tint, lower. it all starts looking like same...

his car gives brings back memories of the good old days in the mid to late 90s to early 00s when ppl were using body kits, aftermarket wings, etc., trying to stand out from each other, while getting called ricer/rice burner and shit from the idiot muscle car douches.

damn i miss those years.
I miss being a muscle car douche

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag