Sometimes just saying sorry and being the bigger person will be helpful for everyone

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
it seems theres a lot of crazy people driving nowadays.perhaps a drivers liscense should come with a mental evaluation first to see if people should be driving.
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it seems theres a lot of crazy people driving nowadays.perhaps a drivers liscense should come with a mental evaluation first to see if people should be driving.
Lol, there would be a lot of people walking.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Respect and common sense are things of the past.

dktyson

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wild that I came across this thread. I was driving in Harrisburg city, Pennsylvania the other day in pouring rain. Its 3 lanes across, and I'm coming up to a red light that just went green. Another civic is in the middle lane. He throws his turn signal on while I'm next to him. Suddenly he's coming over into my lane, fast, looking to turn onto the road to the left of me. I swerved onto the side road to avoid getting hit, and was about 2 inches from nailing the curb/streetlight pole. He drove past me as if nothing happened.

I thought about going after him or calling the cops. Instead I took some deep breaths and saw I had no damage. I continued on my way (while muttering some not so nice words to calm myself down). Figured the guy was just lost and didn't see me (I was probably mostly in his blind spot/by his rear door) so I didn't act like an ass. Thank God for defensive driving.

healtoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si HFP
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This morning on my commute to work I cut someone off accidentally. Woke up a bit late and rushed to work so I was a bit groggy and not attentive, went to switch to the lane to the left and didn't see a sentra in my blindspot, guy ended up laying on his horn and tailgating me pretty hard during morning rush hour. I could see in my rear view that visibly this guy was infuriated, probably just had a rough morning (like everyone does sometimes).

Once there was an opening beside me he sped up real hard to get next to me and I rolled my window down and before he could start screaming at me I just said "Hey man I'm sorry that was my bad, I didn't see you" while just patting my chest with my hand to show I was apologetic. Guy immediately went from pissed off to normal in a split second and said "It's okay man no worries" then just waved me off, told him to drive safe and we were on our ways.

This almost same exact scenario happened to me before maybe a year ago but with a female driver. In short, road rage is never worth it. When I was in my late teens, I was such a reckless kid and road raged all the time. In a way I almost used to get off on road rage, I was young and dumb and just felt like a cocky tough man always getting out of my car to start shit.

It's never worth it. Sometimes people just have a bad day when you have a bad day, sometimes people are just on the tip of the iceberg and you'll never know that. The world is crazy, tensions are high, you never know what type of person is behind the wheel of the car you are raging with and it's never worth the risk of losing your life. Saying sorry instead of fueling fire with fire is powerful, always remember.
Maybe I am an ass. But I find a good brake check gets the tailgaters to either change lane or keep more distance. Only time I was rear ended was years ago stopped at a red and some kid in his moms CRV was texting and crumpled my rear end of my first civic. But you’re right people are crazy nowadays so I just stick to the slow lane