Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I used boost scramble for the first time today. I've had it for a couple weeks and only accidentally activated it once. The thing is that when I activate it, the RPMs jump to 5000 which I'm sure is to let you know it's on. But when I drive with it the RPMs bounce all over the place and trigger beeping sounds and flashing red lights. I don't know if it's supposed to do this but I'm scared to try again because I might ruin something. I've retuned my vehicle 3 times now and it hasn't changed how the scramble acts.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Here's info on Scramble from Hondata; personally I wouldn't chance using it:

"There are many built in protection limits for boost based on heat build up, knock control, etc. The 2016+ turbo charged direct injection vehicles almost never see their boost go as high as the maximum pressure ratio table. With the new Scramble button, users have the ability to bypass the built in limits and target the maximum levels indicated by the pressure ratio table.

Honda Civic 10th gen Something wrong with my boost scramble boostcontrol-sramble

It is also recommend that when using this feature, the torque limit table be raised high enough that the computer does not close the throttle when in scramble mode. Some models, like the 2017 Civic Si, require the user to disable the P0299 turbocharger under boost error in the miscellaneous section when using this feature."

Last edited:

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
^^^ that sounds sketchy af

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I used boost scramble for the first time today. I've had it for a couple weeks and only accidentally activated it once. The thing is that when I activate it, the RPMs jump to 5000 which I'm sure is to let you know it's on. But when I drive with it the RPMs bounce all over the place and trigger beeping sounds and flashing red lights. I don't know if it's supposed to do this but I'm scared to try again because I might ruin something. I've retuned my vehicle 3 times now and it hasn't changed how the scramble acts.

Lol hey OP, thats not the boost scrambler, thats the built AFR gauge. You're on hondata correct?

OP
OP
Austinhr97

Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Yes I'm on Hondata. I read that pressing res+ activated the scramble.

Here's info on Scramble from Hondata; personally I wouldn't chance using it:

"There are many built in protection limits for boost based on heat build up, knock control, etc. The 2016+ turbo charged direct injection vehicles almost never see their boost go as high as the maximum pressure ratio table. With the new Scramble button, users have the ability to bypass the built in limits and target the maximum levels indicated by the pressure ratio table.

boostcontrol-sramble.png

It is also recommend that when using this feature, the torque limit table be raised high enough that the computer does not close the throttle when in scramble mode. Some models, like the 2017 Civic Si, require the user to disable the P0299 turbocharger under boost error in the miscellaneous section when using this feature."
Lol hey OP, thats not the boost scrambler, thats the built AFR gauge. You're on hondata correct?

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I'm on Hondata. I read that pressing res+ activated the scramble.

When you uploaded your basemap did you activate that? Because if i am not mistaken if its not activated then the Res+ button activates the afr gauge. AFR gauge is default in all hondata basemaps unless you are using the scramble mode which then overrides that button, but you may have also done both. I have never used the scramble but maybe when you press Res+ it activates both scramble and AFR gauge together. When you had it activated what boost pressures were you seeing?

OP
OP
Austinhr97

Austinhr97

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
When you uploaded your basemap did you activate that? Because if i am not mistaken if its not activated then the Res+ button activates the afr gauge. AFR gauge is default in all hondata basemaps unless you are using the scramble mode which then overrides that button, but you may have also done both. I have never used the scramble but maybe when you press Res+ it activates both scramble and AFR gauge together. When you had it activated what boost pressures were you seeing?

I was getting about 23 psi in 3rd. When I tune my car with basemaps I actually can't disable scramble mode. Whenever I uncheck it, it rechecks itself. I've tried everything and can't figure it out so I assumed it's required.

@thatblu_si

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was getting about 23 psi in 3rd. When I tune my car with basemaps I actually can't disable scramble mode. Whenever I uncheck it, it rechecks itself. I've tried everything and can't figure it out so I assumed it's required.

Scramble mode is actually really unsafe for the car so i suggest you speak with a tuner about getting disabled, i enabled mine cuz i didnt know what it was(stupid i know) but after finding out what it is ima be disabling it soon.
Sponsored