Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages?

First Name
Gabby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (EGP)
Country flag
Let me preface this by saying two things first;

1. I'm not sure who did this, as it happened at work and I never saw anyone acting shady around my car.
2. I'm also not sure what forum category to put this in, so apologies if it's in the incorrect forum.

So here we go. The tldr version is while at work this passed Saturday, someone either hit or kicked my car, and took off without leaving information. I dont know who did it either, as by the time I got out of work it was sundown and the damages had probably sat for awhile. Most of my friends and family have said it appears to be more of a hit rather than a kick, and was likely someone with a black plastic bumper due to the scuff marks. The damage is on my back bumper, on the colored portions of plastic underneath my license plate.

I have suspicions on potential culprits (I work customer service in a curbside only business currently, which is angering a lot of people for...some reason), but no actually concrete proof or evidence, and since the damage isnt "major" I dont want to involve my insurance (I just had a claim for rodent damage back in February) or the police if it's absolutely nessacary.

My father and I were able to remove most of the scuff Mark's (thank you ceramnic coating) and a bit of the dent with the boiling water method, but I'm still left with a few serious kinks and creases. Since I have this car for AT LEAST another five years and it's my dream car, any damages at all hurt my soull.

So I have two questions;

1. Should I contact the police and/ or my insurance to file a claim? Will not filing a claim hurt me in the long run? (My current deduc is 500, and a second claim even though the prior one mentioned and this one were not my fault could result in upped rates. At 23 with a sports coupe, they're high enough as is).

2. Any suggestions on how to fix the damages? I've seen all the PDR guys on youtube, but 600-800$ usd seems a bit hefty for my more minor damage. Theres also those dent puller kits I've seen online, but I'm unsure if they're legit. I'll attach all the photos I have of the day 1 damage, and the damage remaining after a few hours of playing with water and elbow grease.

Sorry if the formatting is garbage, I'm posting from mobile.

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_237819404179341-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_564576024470310-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_876275502839545-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_560120738245858-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_895656300857439-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_270459067415948-jpe

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone hit my car, what can i do to fix the damages? received_183050149527349-jpe

Seth_FC3

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI coupe
Country flag
Hey man, I would try and remove the bumper and with a heat gun or blow dryer heat it up from the inside and slowly massage out the imperfections.. As for the cops, I wouldn't waste my time tbh. I'm not sure how they handle it in your state, but down here in Florida if the damage isn't at least $500 they cant really do anything about it. Now if they were to watch surveillance video and catch the person who did it, it may be another story

OP
OP
Archangel11224
First Name
Gabby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (EGP)
Country flag
Hey man, I would try and remove the bumper and with a heat gun or blow dryer heat it up from the inside and slowly massage out the imperfections.. As for the cops, I wouldn't waste my time tbh. I'm not sure how they handle it in your state, but down here in Florida if the damage isn't at least $500 they cant really do anything about it. Now if they were to watch surveillance video and catch the person who did it, it may be another story
I'm pretty sure my state, Delaware, is the same. And they'd probably laugh at me trying to open a report days after it happened.

Thanks for the advice, maybe i can con my dad into a days worth of labor with his garage and tools.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in Delaware also, just had an incident last week,cars in the shop now as a matter of fact.
Cops won't come out if the lot you were parked in is private property.
They just took a report over the phone. In case, they couldn't prove it was a vehicle that hit me, so it got processed as a comprehensive claim,and my deductible was only 100.00. I had a lot more damage than you do, so I had to get it fixed, estimate was little under a thousand.
Sponsored

Last edited: