Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!!

blitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
So this happened this last day or so. Just noticed it this afternoon. It took some force to do. I am not even sure when or where it happened since it is on the passenger side and I always approach my car from the driver's side. Fuck. I think I'll put some touchup paint and then a gash sticker on it ‍♂‍♂

Edward

5461AA3E-4F72-4D0B-BC7C-5D7AEFEF2514.jpeg

805B4498-9E2C-4701-A545-5ECAECFAFCD3.jpeg
I would inquire with a highly recommended or favored paintless dent repair tech. This video shows that that particular type of ding (dent on a sharp edge) requires experience beyond the typical DIY person.

When it’s done, the repair produces like new results.

Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
There are those idiots out there who will KICK on their door panels to open the car door...because why use hands / door handles.
If they kick too hard, this $h!t happens.

Had the whole lower 1/3 of the front driver door and bit of the front fender on my SUV scratched up last week.
Looked like someone decided to push a shopping cart between two parked cars or something -- who the hell does that?!!
Meguair's Ultimate compound + Autogylm Super Resin Polish + power drill and a few hours of elbow grease got ~90% of the scratches out...will probably need to wet sand and some touch-up paint to fix the last 10%.

These things just kills me inside a little bit.
:bs:

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Someone hit my sidemirror while I was in the car... Some people just don't give a fuck..
Forreal though.. I live in North NJ/NYC but my girlfriend lives in the city so I park there a ton. I've had my mirror clipped while driving twice and my mirrors get clipped all the time if I leave it parked overnight. The amount of times I've had to shove that plastic mirror piece back in.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Forreal though.. I live in North NJ/NYC but my girlfriend lives in the city so I park there a ton. I've had my mirror clipped while driving twice and my mirrors get clipped all the time if I leave it parked overnight. The amount of times I've had to shove that plastic mirror piece back in.. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
That’s one problem in the city especially New York
Every time I went into the city I always folded the mirrors in

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I fold my mirrors in and they still get clipped :doh:

Not only the cars you gotta worry about but all the bikes, people moving carts, loading/unloading trucks, sometimes dirtbikes/atv's, man it never ends. A real jungle out here.

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have a dent exactly like this on my driver's side right behind the gas cap, but somehow the paint wasn't damaged at all. I know exactly where it happened and who did it but I have no proof. It's been there for months. It probably isn't worth my deductible so I'm not sure what do do about it.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Big cities suck.

wes1099

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I would inquire with a highly recommended or favored paintless dent repair tech. This video shows that that particular type of ding (dent on a sharp edge) requires experience beyond the typical DIY person.

When it’s done, the repair produces like new results.

This post inspired me to do some googling. After a quick search, it doen't seem too complicated to repair body line dents if you have the patience. The paint might be the hardest part. I might order something like this and give it a DIY attempt. I don't think I could make it any worse and for $40 I think it's worth a try.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
That looks more like a quarter sized rock that slapped against the side with good force.

OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
OP
OP
EdwarDallas

EdwarDallas

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Thank you for everyone's input!!

I ended up cleaning the edges of the scrape, putting on touch-up paint, and then a few days later some gash stickers.

Attached is a pic.

Edward

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone dinged the F out of my passenger side!! CC4A7056-8700-4C20-A912-4496BAC11D21