First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know who did this. I didn't see her, and there wasn't camera footage, but I saw her smirk at me the next day in the work parking lot. Karma will get her miserable ass and her 1998 Malibu

IMG_20180622_081126.jpg

As for fogs, Lamin-x saved mine from debris and rocks a plenty.
That sucks. Sorry that happened. No damage or paint transfer on to her car to maybe prove she did it?

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks. Sorry that happened. No damage or paint transfer on to her car to maybe prove she did it?
I just got painless dent repair done. It just wasnt worth the hassle and confrontation. Plus, her car was so busted I would have needed a bit of searching to pick out the damage

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I've had the car for 1.5 years and this is the first and only time they've ever broken. Also, for what it's worth, I live in Colorado now; for those not initiated, there is a certain disregard or dislike of out-of-staters here, especially those from California (I still have my CA plates). Who knows.
Sucks that you have broken fog lights but there is a lot of crap on the road here in CO. Decomposed granite is in the mix that is used throughout winter.

And I have out of state plates for ever and have not noticed any 'disregard or dislike' from other CO residents. Seems as though you have a negative perspective re people and CO and when that's the case, we tend to see examples to reinforce that perspective...

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
Came out of the grocery store and noticed this. Probably happened in the past few days.
"Probably"???? Sounds like you don't know exactly when both busted, which is fine to admit. Look, I've been driving around on a cracked glass fog since 2018. Posted about it here and asked for avice and decided not doing anything, didn't film it or replace it cuz it still worked and looked ok. (Good thing as now we have OEM polycarb LEDs that will fit. When it comes time, that's what I will buy.)

My point is you could have had one or both lens cracked and didn't realize it and then some gravel kicks up. No biggie, road debris happens.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ort-hatch-lamp-is-ok-so-far.27796/post-468278

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Came out of the grocery store and noticed this. Probably happened in the past few days. People suck. How do I go about replacing these?

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG
i have the stock ones
Any recommendations? I'm upset that they're broken, but I'm seeing this an opportunity to upgrade :-D
the morimoto LEDs are nice man, i got the yellow set and put light tint lamix over them. they look great, and are super bright.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
The Ridgeline uses a similar style of fog light and they shatter regularly. All it takes is one direct hit from a pebble from a leading or approaching vehicle or gravel truck. I just replaced one of mine a few weeks ago.

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I've had the car for 1.5 years and this is the first and only time they've ever broken. Also, for what it's worth, I live in Colorado now; for those not initiated, there is a certain disregard or dislike of out-of-staters here, especially those from California (I still have my CA plates). Who knows.
Colorado is notorious for gravel on the roadways. They dump it in buckets during the winter and never street sweep. I mean who targets just the fogs? We don’t hate the Californians, we just hate the politics they bring with them.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad you can make lemonade out of a couple of lemons. Hope this was just road rocks, but does seem weird for both to go at the same time, unless you didn't notice when the first one went.
I did have someone apparently park or walk by and knock off my right side mirror on an SI a couple of years back while it was parked. They left it on the hood, no note. Honda was able to reattach it, but there is a small internal part that had snapped. Honda really, really should have automatic folding side mirrors for the SI and CTR. They function well and look cool, but stick out way too far. As far as lights, they should probably all be made out of translucent Kevlar or something else bulletproof. If that is a thing.

TLAPkenn

TLAP Kenn
First Name
Kenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan; 2016 Honda CR-V EX; 1999 Honda CR-V EX (240k+ miles)
Country flag
Sorry you had this happen to you. I am not sure about the hatch, but on the sedan, you have to remove the bumper in order to get to the fog light as it is screwed into the bumper from the back. On the sedan, I tried changing the fog lamp from the front (removing the fake vent), but the rear screws meant that I had to remove the bumper.

There is another thread (https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/hatchback-sport-cracked-fog-light-lens.21048/post-511918), which talks about the process that I took.

Since I lost only 1 fog lamp, I replaced it with an OEM fog light, which cost about $40 shipped from College Hills Honda. After it broke, I also installed Lamin-X covers to protect against future cracks.

jokacz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mini Cooper S, 19 SI Coupe
Country flag
I put 100 watt halogens in mine and they melted :-(

I replaced them with aftermarket units I found online for very little money compared to OEM.

I put cheapo LEDs from ebay in them.

The things are useless anyway, just wanted the color to match my LED headlights.

OP
OP
jopale

jopale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
I put 100 watt halogens in mine and they melted :-(

I replaced them with aftermarket units I found online for very little money compared to OEM.

I put cheapo LEDs from ebay in them.

The things are useless anyway, just wanted the color to match my LED headlights.
LOL, I don't know why, but this made me laugh out loud. I guess turning the dial to 11 is too much sometimes ?

OP
OP
jopale

jopale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
Sorry you had this happen to you. I am not sure about the hatch, but on the sedan, you have to remove the bumper in order to get to the fog light as it is screwed into the bumper from the back. On the sedan, I tried changing the fog lamp from the front (removing the fake vent), but the rear screws meant that I had to remove the bumper.

There is another thread (https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/hatchback-sport-cracked-fog-light-lens.21048/post-511918), which talks about the process that I took.

Since I lost only 1 fog lamp, I replaced it with an OEM fog light, which cost about $40 shipped from College Hills Honda. After it broke, I also installed Lamin-X covers to protect against future cracks.
Did you see the replies from swsmith (forget exact spelling) and jayy_swish? The video/instructions they put up showed that it was done easily. I know the video says 16-18 and I have '19, is there a difference between these years?

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i had these on my sport hatch...and havent seen the use for these...ive tested them and thought it was only more for looks than used.....im happy with my new car

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights thumbnail_20200507_195238

OP
OP
jopale

jopale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
Update: A big thank you to @Syntek , who had a spare set that he sold me and, once installed, ba-bam, good as new.

Well, here we are 2 months later and there is another incident. This time the right fog light is smashed AND my fender was dented/mashed along with a scrape the side of my car. The gash is approx. 8 inches. There is a red hue. This happened during my (I work 12 hours shifts): wasn't there when I got in my car this morning and all this happened when I got out.

Sorry, at this point I'm just venting because I like my car so much

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_2374.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_2375.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights 61595437837__EC9CF317-2217-446A-8BAB-8987A3D8640C.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_2376.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_2377.JPG